Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Widening the rear rim & modifying the swingarm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro clutch

I noticed a hydro clutch on that bike. Sure would be nice to know where he got the parts.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Yummie! I am really looking forward to those photos. How many of these units do you want to produce?
      The BIG 3.
      '78 Yamaha XS 1100 E (one standard / one modified)
      '92 Suzuki GSXR 1100 N
      '06 Suzuki GSF 1200 S Bandit

Comment

drive units

the drive unit will be made to the exact specs as I am putting on my 1200cc chopper. You will have to send me your old middle drive shaft so it can be modified for the drive; bearings included...All for @ $250-275. I also found yet another swingarm that will work for the swap. CBR1000rr....this swingarm is choice because you would only have to weld one attachment point to the xs frame....the rest is bolt on....chop
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

xschop

when are you planing on having all this done ? or at least ready to mod others?
          80 xs11 sg

Comment

Re: pics

man i think its time to leave the U.S. they have so many modified bikes overseas but not to much here just add ons and choppers , then come back when i soak up all there knowlege

Originally posted by Mathh

here are some pics I borrowed from the german XS club: http://www.xs1100-frw.de

this wheel is actually wider because it carries a wider rear tire which involved even more work, but just to give you an idea because it looks really nice:

80 xs11 sg

Comment

xschop, I am looking forward to your photo's. I will most propably go that route. But for now I am going to widen the standard rim to 4 inch.es and run a 150 rear tyre. I am going to add 15mm on the LH side (shaft side) and 23 mm on the RH side (plenty space). This will put the wheel 4mm off-centre, but I will conpensate some of that by setting the swingarm as far left as possible in the frame.

The people that is going to do this is High Tech Mag Repairs here in South Africa. (www.hitechmagrepairs.co.za) The cost is about $243 US / 126 pounds excluding shipping. Their work is guaranteed and top notch.
              The BIG 3.
              '78 Yamaha XS 1100 E (one standard / one modified)
              '92 Suzuki GSXR 1100 N
              '06 Suzuki GSF 1200 S Bandit

Comment

That is dirt cheap. Double that overhere! (http://www.deget.com)
                XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

cheap

the only shop I could find to widen the xs rim was in dallas....$600 plus shipping....that was a factor in deciding on the chain drive....In my opinion, the CBR1000rr swingarm wheel would be ideal.If you look at a schematic, pay attention to the monoshock. It has only 1 attachment point to the lower frame...very cool, and would bolt right to the xs11's lower frame cross tube with small angle iron brace... There are plenty of other dual outter shock s/a's from older bikes that would work as pure bolt on, but the tire size would be 150 maybe 160...THE KEY HERE IS TO FIND A S/A THAT CAN TAKE AT LEAST A 25mm PIVOT AXLE SO YOU CAN MACHINE A 17MM HOLE ON EACH END TO TAKE THE XS11'S PIVOT BOLTS.......CHOP
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

xs11's tire

the stock xs11 tire is 130 wide... the chain drive will put up to a 200 tire on the back if you cut and reweld the left side of the frame. A 180 tire doesnt require this modification and most of these newer monoshock swingarms/wheels run a 180 rubber.....JAT
                    MDRNF
                    79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Working...
                    X