electrical parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical parts

Will all the electrical parts off a 79 xs11 special fit on a 80 xs11 special ?

The 80 will have some components that the 79 doesn't. 4 way flashers, and the remotely located Main fuse, but other than that I don't know of any other differences. I'm sure that there are some, but I can't think of them right now.

Comment

One differerance is the right hand control on 79' has light switch, 80 and above head light comes on after start.
      There are a few other differences too, but right now just got home from being the menace and can't think of them

mro

Comment

xsscooters:

Register to use my XS Part Finder

Click on 'Part Finding' then 'Donor Bike Parts', this lets you pick a donor XS11 model and a recipient model and will show you all the parts on a microfiche that have the same part number.

If the part numbers match you can be sure they will interchange.
        Brian
        XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
        Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

My 79 Special doesn't have this "light switch". Could this be a Euro model thing?
          United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
          If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
          "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
          "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
          Acta Non Verba

Comment

The 78 had the light switch. My 79 doesn't have it either. Don't know about models for other countries.
            79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
            79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Working...
            X