No announcement yet.

Showing off my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed in the last pic you posted, that the vacume caps are not on your intakes. This may cause a big problem. Kinda like what your discribing. If you can't find any caps for a temp fix, You can get three pieces of vacume hose with a bolt in each one. Each one MUST be caped
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Mike found it. The right side fuel petcock is off the intake. You will be running on two cyls, and idle high. Look at the photo of the right side, you can see the brass of the nipple on #3 intake. I have the same problem now and then. One BIG backfire on a cold start, and I don't have fuel to one side.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

did anyone notice how clen the oil in the glass window is in the second pic...lol..... or does it not have enough in it?.....lol...just my 2 cents...nice job of the rebuild...
        1982 XS1100R
        1982 XJ650
        1983 VT400
        1990 XVS Shadow
        1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

You guys figured it out for me. I put it back in place and it ran fine again. Thanks a lot. I rode it as soon as I fixed it, but one mile later, it was off again. Is there supposed to be a clamp holding it in place? I noticed there isn't a hose clamp on the other side, either.

Again, thanks for the help.
          1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Comment

Replace the line. It's probably hard on the end and doesn't fit very tight.

Comment

Nice looking bike.
              I guess those are the MAC tapered exhaust pipes that I've seen on EBay. I know that they don't have the balancer pipe like the stock pipes, but do these pipes keep the low end torque and smooth powerband? I have a 4 into 1 and the low end torque is vastly reduced and the electric motor smooth powerband ruined.
              1979 XS 1100 Standard (project)
              1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
              1995 GSXR750 Streetfighter (project)
              1978 XS 1100 E (Sold) Owner for 19 years

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't really compare these new pipes to any other system, since that's all I've ridden it with. The low down torque feels great, though. It pulls like a freight train in any gear.

Comment

I rode into my office a couple of nights ago to take care of some work. I was only in the office for a short while, and when I went outside to go home, my bike was lying on it's right side. After muscling it back upright, I took a look at the damage.

A broken brake lever and a dent in the tank was it. No mirrors or turn signals were broken. I don't think anyone knocked it over. It was on a slightly sloping street with the kickstand on the uphill side. It was an extremely windy night, and it must have been just enough to push the bike over. That'll teach me to not park it in the loading dock like I usually do.

Comment

Working...
                  X