No announcement yet.

Need recommendation on carbs rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DriverRay since your the resident expert....whats the best rebuild kit to get ? ( for my '80 ) Is the Partsnmore kit a good one or would you recomend another ?
    xs eleven #3 -'78,'79, and now an '80

Comment

l bought mine on ebay, it's complete for all 4 carbs at $70.

Comment

whats the best rebuild kit to get

If jets not damaged fom miss-handiling them, or needing to re-jet for after market filters/exhaust, then about the only thing you might need is float needle and seat, maybe a float bowl gasket if it's FUBAR.....

can get from:

mikesxs.com .........or

https://www.carbkitscapital.com/carb...a&model=XS1100

several others like bikebandit.com

mro

Comment

Rebuild kits... Bah!"

I agree with MRO.
          But, I work predominantly on old bikes, and have had to replace only ONE seat(and that was 'cause it was gouged). Needles, I replace all the time.
          Now, I'm curious. Everyone always quotes those mail order bike joints for float needles. I'm too lazy to research right now, but what, after shipping, is the cost for a float needle? They are available at any brand of dealership. We sell them fer $4.95 per. What does Bike Bandit and Mike's sell them fer?
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

mikesXS

Carb Float Valve (Needle & Seat)
            Carb Float Valve (Needle & Seat) - Push in type with O-Ring seal, needle & clip.
            Fits: XS650G/H/SH/SJ/SK/SL (1980-84) stock Mikuni BS34 CV carbs.

Part #48-1445 $10.00 USD EA.

mro

Comment

"Well, I suppose..."

But it's the difference between $40 and $20. and that extra $20 can go to a spare set of needles for the tool kit.
              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Dealership prices... Bah!"

Originally posted by prometheus578
                I agree with MRO.
                Now, I'm curious. Everyone always quotes those mail order bike joints for float needles. I'm too lazy to research right now, but what, after shipping, is the cost for a float needle? They are available at any brand of dealership. We sell them fer $4.95 per. What does Bike Bandit and Mike's sell them fer?
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                MikesXS:
                Float Needle with clip
                Float Needle with clip - Fits: XS650G-K 1980-84 Stock 34mm. Mikuni CV Carbs
                - Viton tipped Needle & clip Only!

Part #48-5014 $4.00 USD EA.
                Shipping is ~$6.00 if order total order less than $35.00, FREE if you meet the limit, add in a few gaskets, Yamabond, maybe some shiny parts, should be able to meet the limit easily!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                X