#3 cylinder /fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 cylinder /fuse

2 questions...my #3 cylinder (pipe) isnt as hot as others.coil pickup seems fine ,getting fire to all 4 plugs ,traded 2and3 pug wires and #3 still not as hot ???in the carbs ??? other question ? i replaced my fuse block w/inline fuses 30amp for main and 10 for the rest ???is that a safe number for the others?
    wish me luck,because i am lacking in the skills

Two questions back, how are you determining that your #3 is cooler and what are the temps?
    The Old Tamer
    1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Hey "Oxymoron" (Sober-Drunk) ,

Most likely it's the carbs, some junk may have gotten past the screen and into the pilot circuit partially clogging it!?

As for the uses, the Turn Signals use a 20A, more power draw for the Thermal flasher unit and such!

Before doing a carb teardown, you might try some SeaFoam, carb cleaner in the tank??
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer
        Two questions back, how are you determining that your #3 is cooler and what are the temps?
        spit on hand ,hand on pipe...#1hot #2hot #3warm#4 hot ......i will look for seafoam .thanks for both responses i will i will be back soon...

Comment

Originally posted by soberdrunk
          spit on hand ,hand on pipe...#1hot #2hot #3warm#4 hot ......i will look for seafoam .thanks for both responses i will i will be back soon...
          it could be an adjective describing a noun thanks for your time and i will check it out

Comment

Working...
          X