Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of another source for Pilot Screw o-ring & washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of another source for Pilot Screw o-ring & washer?

MikesXS is out until August... don't wanna wait that long. I've been searching and googling but am not finding anything.
    '81 H XS11 Standard.

You might try McMaster Supply. They have metric o-rings (in Viton) from 2mm id up to 50mm id and washers from 2mm id up to 42mm id.

A caliper would be handy here, you're going to need the measurements unless someone can chime in here? Here's the link:

McMaster Supply

Comment

I don't have one to measure. I had washers (minus 1 that got lost), but no o-rings.

Any chance that one of you guys has one laying around that you could measure?
      '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

A good source for parts is motorcyclecarbs.com .He may be a little pricey, but he should have them. He is also an XSive...only of the triple variety.

Comment

I'll check in the shed tonight. Of course, the ID is going top be 'just a hair smaller' than the OD of the pilot screw, and the OD will be real close to the OD of the washer. Subtract one from the other and you'll have the thickness....
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Well wouldn't you know it - no spares in any of the spare carbs. Measuring the one good pilot screw I have for a leter model carb, you'd want a 3mm ID by 5mm OD (i.e. 1mm thickness) McMaster Carr has a couple of types listed.
            Ken Talbot

Comment

o-rings, check! McMaster has them for 6.08 for a 25 pack.

I forget how much that place kicks ass.

Now if I can just find the washers. McMaster's website doesn't have the size (3mmID, 5mmOD, .5mmthick) but I'm pretty sure they had it listed in their catalog. I'll have to check the catalog tommorrow at work.

IIRC they have like a $50 minimum order, but by the time I get some stainless allen screws for the carbs, and some fuel line, and other misc stuff, that shouldn't be a problem.

In the meantime I'll be googling for a washer source.
              '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

As lonf as you have a 3mm ID, you can make the 5mm OD.
                Ray
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Mcmaster has NO minimum! One of the things that makes them so great.

steve
                  80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                  73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                  62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                  Norton Electra - future restore
                  CZ 400 MX'er
                  68 Ducati Scrambler
                  RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
                    As lonf as you have a 3mm ID, you can make the 5mm OD.
                    Ray
                    They don't have the washer size. I can get 5mm OD, but with a 2.3mm ID.

I'm thinking it would be feasible to drill out the inside to 3mm. I'm still looking, though. There are a couple other Industrial supply places like McMaster that I'm going to check into.
                    '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

Get the 3mm ID, and grind/sand the OD to 5mm. Much easier, IMHO.
                      Ray
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Mcmaster also has 5mm od x 2.1mm id in NYLON, which might make your life a bit easier.

Comment

I don't see why that wouldn't work. The only purpose of the washer is to seperate the spring from the O-ring. It would be alot easier to drill.
                          '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
                            Get the 3mm ID, and grind/sand the OD to 5mm. Much easier, IMHO.
                            Ray
                            I have a small vise that attaches to my drill press. So I was thinking that would work. I'd have to buy some metric bits though.

I'll probably end up going the Nylon route, though. Easier and cheaper. Then I can just ream out the inside by hand.
                            '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

Working...
                            X