1979 xs1100 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 xs1100 carb

hello everyone, i need a # 1 carb for my 1979 1100, i broke the arm that holds the float pin. thanks

HI Roger,,,,if you cannot get a carb the tower is fixable,,,,do a seach for float pin tower fix,,,,usually drill a hole in both piece, epoxy in a small rod. A spring loaded pin pusher can save a lot of grief getting those pins out, harbor frieght,,,lube the pin, brace the tower with your finger and use the spring push pin and tower will be saved. Good luck, keep us informed, maybe others can chime in, I know its been a problem with carb work for these bikes,,,,,,,Mike in S.DIego, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
      HI Roger,,,,if you cannot get a carb the tower is fixable,,,,do a seach for float pin tower fix,,,,usually drill a hole in both piece, epoxy in a small rod. A spring loaded pin pusher can save a lot of grief getting those pins out, harbor frieght,,,lube the pin, brace the tower with your finger and use the spring push pin and tower will be saved. Good luck, keep us informed, maybe others can chime in, I know its been a problem with carb work for these bikes,,,,,,,Mike in S.DIego, Pa.
      thanks mike, its been broke several years, it broke at the hole where the pin goes through. i drilled a hole through the tower and wired the pin on.it works good for awhile then the wire gets loose. i thought if i could find a good hull i would swap it out.

Comment

Roger, I have been looking for a #1 XS1100 carb to repair your issue for several weeks. One popped up today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11600261559...UAAOSw1BNlcRFs

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
          Roger, I have been looking for a #1 XS1100 carb to repair your issue for several weeks. One popped up today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11600261559...UAAOSw1BNlcRFs

i seen that and just bought it. thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Looks like something by the hole where the float pin goes into so be careful!
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            xschop K & N air filter setup
            Dynojet Recalibration kit
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Looks OK. Maybe a nick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z Carb 1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	876181 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	876182 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (3).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	876183

Comment

If you buy replacement pins they just slide in and out loosely. They don't actually need to be press fitted because the carb bowl holds them in place anyway.
                2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                Jim

Comment

Working...
                X