TeXSive Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a poser

I guess I should have said that differently. Didn't mean anything by it. I was referring to most of the fair weather, weekend warriors, who always pull the bike out to the end of the driveway, so everyone that should pass by can see that is an
    h-d. Those bikes spend more time being stroked, rubbed and polished on than they do being ridden. They are almost like a penile extension.
    I too like for my bike to look good, but I won't be a slave to the polishing rag. It's been 13 years since I did my major restore, and it shows in the paint. I had a couple of gas spills on the tank, and now the paint has clouded there, and the side covers don't match the tank, as I had to replace one, and I painted the replacement with a spray can of Sherwin Williams black, but it is not as deep a black as the paint on the tank. I panted the other side cover to match, but left the tank alone. It still looks good from ten feet, but it couldn't stand up to a close inspection. Good luck with the work, and hope to see you at the spring rally.

Comment

homesick exTex

Hi y'all-
      Makin' me homesicK reading your posts. I was born in Benjamin, about halfway between Ft. Worth and Lubbock. Anybody even know where that is? I lived all over Texas at one time or another until my folks settled in Lubbock. I graduated from Monterey High in '64, left there in '66. Like Mack Davis said "I thought happiness was Lubbock Texas in my rearview mirror..."
      I'd ride down there for my cousins annual family reunion, but they have it in August! I think I'd melt!
      You can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the man.
      May the Good Lord bless you all, and
      Keep the rubber side down.
      E.Liberty
      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
      X