All roads lead to Gunnison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All roads lead to Gunnison

Hope we can all in post some trip reports and post a few pics of our journey to Gunnison

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Safe journeys to you all going to the land of the "Fourteeners"
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'll try, Jeff.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Pics are too hard to post here anymore. I'll post progress though.

See ya there Jeff.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

OK Greg! Looking forward to seeing you (the others too ). Will be looking for your RIDE Reports along the way.

Hope Harry can get a few pics up of his ride to Idaho. Guess you still heading to Montana after the Rally I hope. That's way cool.

Jeff
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I just crossed the mighty Mississippi. Like 1,288 miles to go till Gunnison.
            Been on some great Mississippi back roads the last 140 miles. Left Tupelo at 06:45.
            Riding Alabama is mostly S M O O T H as Silk. Just like Georgia. Mississippi not so much. Not bad but peppered with "no see em" ridges, bumps, holes etc. Makes riding more sporty at high speed. One road I was on I could only go 5mph for a little ways. Then got better. Pretty scenery.

Will try and post a couple pics later. Gotta keep rolling before heat and humidity triggers boomers. Cool 78 so far. Odd weather for July. GA, AL, MS very very green for July. All that Colorado rain has been dumping elsewhere this year.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yup. To Billings and Great Falls. Still pondering the route home. Maybe Idaho and Utah.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Been threading the needle for past two hours (rode along edge of T cells with rain for 5-6 miles, did that twice) Stayed dry and didn't bother with any rain gear (beauty of riding a GL1800) but T-Storms, lightening, black sky finally shut me down. A bunch of cells finally converged along my route into Hot Springs. Got it parked in Sheridan AR. Flash - Bangs, wind, torrent of water, good to be parked.

Any Mexican Restaurant here in Sheridan? Nope, so having a burger at Hardee's. I think that's Carl's Jr for you west coast folks. Can't order smore tequila here. Just a complimentary refill on the diet coke Storms moving NW at 45mph so I'll be here an hour or so. Just long enough for next cells to build.

Jeff
                Last edited by JeffH; 07-08-2018, 01:30 PM.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Yup. To Billings and Great Falls. Still pondering the route home. Maybe Idaho and Utah.
                  Whatever route decided, going or coming your ALWAYS most welcome for an overnite stay-over Greg. If when going up to Billings, you most certainly could tag up with the Caly group for an overnite stay here at my and Anita's place, then hit I-70 west with them as far as Green River, then 191 North to Spanish Forks which then kicks you right onto I-15 north through Salt Lake.....have done that ride many, many times, and is 325mi. from me'casa to Salt Lake.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Planning on going through Denver to visit my little sister on the way up. GJ is pretty far off any path either way. Thanks for the invite though, Ill get up to see y'all again sometime
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Greg!Temps. here supposed to droppin' off a bit to mid 90's by middle of week...at least some reprieve as it is 104.5F here right now at 3:30pm!.....and just 7%humidity.
                      Last edited by motoman; 07-08-2018, 03:37 PM.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Cooler here. Only 92º.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Left Hot Springs AR this morning. Some great roads in the Ouachita (wash-i-ta) National Forest. Been riding Talimina Scenic Byway. AR88 and OK1.

Now having picnic lunch at the Horsethief Springs picnic area on OK1. Had the roads all to myself. Not one vehicle has gone by. Didn't realize the mountains were 2,600 ft elevation. Plus more sleep than I thought.
                          Pavement mostly ok. Some very good, some not so. Heading towards Ada OK next.

No pics. Hit the Bleu Monkey next to the motel for dinner last night. So didn't mess with trying to upload pics. Hey, a car just went by, civilization.

Jeff
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Keep those pictures and reports coming. I wish I was with you.

Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

That's our (The Banned Bunch) stomping grounds. There are some really great backroads back there in them thar hills yonder.

You gonna holler at TRBIG when you hit Ada?
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X