• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i grow up i wanna be like Jeff!!!
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks Jeff for sharing your ride with us. I love your choice of roads, they are the kind of highways I love to ride but- but- but. It seems like I never have enough time to take the more scenic, slow down and enjoy roads. Since I retired I am doing alittle better, but I have to keep reminding myself it’s not all about the destination.

Earl
      80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
      and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Re: Thanks!!

Jeff,
        Thanks for ride report & fine photos.
        Brent, just dreaming in GA
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Lure of the (other) Dragon

Well there I was, minding my own business. Had stayed overnight in Beckley WV as I often do. Last day of the trip, headed home to Atlanta.

Ride plan was Erie PA to home on US19. A nice road with real good scenery. I kept on US19 through Bluefield WV into Bluefield VA then Tazewell. Just past Tazewell that's when the lure of the wild got the best of me. Maybe it was the combination of tackling the Back of the Dragon -or- maybe it was the thought of beef brisket at Wolfe's BBQ in Marion VA. Anyways, I took the bait and deviated. A really twisty sucker. And the beef brisket was about as good as you can get outside of Texas.

Just couldn't pass up a southbound run on the Back of the Dragon

If you haven't ridden NC16 you should. It is highly twisty and highly technical like many of the roads around here.
          Makes the stuff out west look pretty tame. After the FUN RUN I ended back up on 19E and then 19 into Asheville for an easy blast home from there.

XSEast folks rode this in June during the Rally. A Fun road to test your riding skills.
          Tail of the Dragon in NC and Back of the Dragon in VA are equally good, equally challenging and equally treacherous if you mess up. btw: U58 Big Hill, Mountain Top, Mouth of Wilson, Independence is one crazy ride too. Another ride to take if you are looking for some major technical stuff.

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 08-07-2017, 08:11 AM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
          X