No announcement yet.

Another open ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's no packed frozen stuff on the road, I ride. Single digit temps (Fahrenheit) or triple digits, though honestly, I think I prefer the single digit temps to the triples. I can usually get enough on to keep warm. Triple digits.. you can only take so much off before you get sunburnt... or arrested.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
      If there's no packed frozen stuff on the road, I ride. Single digit temps (Fahrenheit) or triple digits, though honestly, I think I prefer the single digit temps to the triples. I can usually get enough on to keep warm. Triple digits.. you can only take so much off before you get sunburnt... or arrested.
      .............or some serious road-rash.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Meh.. I don't get any road rash from riding. It's that stuff for when my bike wins the argument between us where I say, "We can do this!" and it says, "Umm.. No we can't!"

I've quit being so argumentative lately.
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Went around the block yesterday the temp was 24 degrees.Can't help it .The good part of this story, is we have had no significant snow this year,in upstate N.Y.We will be riding in a couple of weeks.!Can't come fast enough for me.!
          1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
          2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

I have been out a handful of times since the first of the year on the Magna and on the FJR. The Magna is a blast since it can lean easily into slow turns. All of the power is above 5K rpm and first gear is ridiculously tall. Its much more peaky than my XJ650 was.

Yesterday was torrential rain and 40+ mph wind gusts. I could barely walk straight in that wind.
            82 XJ1100 - sold
            96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
            2000 ZRX1100 - sold
            2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Wow.! What a day we had in upstate N Y today...Woodstock N Y.About a hundred miles from my home town. First ride ,Sore tomorrow. Sore now.!Like they still say in Woodstock,, Peace..!!!Beautiful Ride.!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
                Wow.! What a day we had in upstate N Y today...Woodstock N Y.About a hundred miles from my home town. First ride ,Sore tomorrow. Sore now.!Like they still say in Woodstock,, Peace..!!!Beautiful Ride.!!
                Hello tomcos,
                Did you ever get a windscreen? I too, wasn't sure about the wind and how safe it didn't feel at higher speeds. Not to mention I probably don't weigh enough for this bike anyway, just along for the ride. haha but I found a Yamaha/Windjammer fairing for it and now I love it. Cruising at 70+ and passing oncoming semi trucks is no longer a thing for me. lol I can even wear my hat while on the highway with the new and taller windscreen available for them. It might be good to know that they can give sort of a false sense of security, as I've read. Less wind equals more speed but, still no protection, kinda thing.
                Anyways, I have a standard Windjammer fairing that is not in great condition, nor do I have the proper mount for it, for your bike but, it might be worth the shipping cost if you want it and wanted to fix it up and find the mount for your bike. It's not bad, just not great. I just have too much stuff and I didn't pay much for it so win, win, right. lol If you don't want it, I'll probably post it in the for sale section. Let me know.

Eddie.
                79 XS1100F, Stored for 20 years, Indigo Blue, Original Paint with hand pin stripe dated in 79 (except one side cover is now primered), 10,000 miles!

79 XS1100F, Dead/parts.

Comment

Little girls ride with screens

Then I bought one. Don't ride much without some sort of wind protection any more. Ever collided with a pheasant at 75mph ? I did and lived barely.

l
                  76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                  80 XS650 G Special II
                  https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                  80 XS 1100 SG
                  81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                  https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                  AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Originally posted by edwardruth View Post
                    Hello tomcos,
                    Did you ever get a windscreen? I too, wasn't sure about the wind and how safe it didn't feel at higher speeds. Not to mention I probably don't weigh enough for this bike anyway, just along for the ride. haha but I found a Yamaha/Windjammer fairing for it and now I love it. Cruising at 70+ and passing oncoming semi trucks is no longer a thing for me. lol I can even wear my hat while on the highway with the new and taller windscreen available for them. It might be good to know that they can give sort of a false sense of security, as I've read. Less wind equals more speed but, still no protection, kinda thing.
                    Anyways, I have a standard Windjammer fairing that is not in great condition, nor do I have the proper mount for it, for your bike but, it might be worth the shipping cost if you want it and wanted to fix it up and find the mount for your bike. It's not bad, just not great. I just have too much stuff and I didn't pay much for it so win, win, right. lol If you don't want it, I'll probably post it in the for sale section. Let me know.

Eddie.
                    Hello ! Ed.!Yes I am all good in the windscreen area.!Thanks for asking.Have a nice Day.!

Comment

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
                      Then I bought one. Don't ride much without some sort of wind protection any more. Ever collided with a pheasant at 75mph ? I did and lived barely.

l
                      Nope! Not... yet... Just a couple divers that missed and a suicidal cat once under the tire, in town.. The big bugs were enough for me to get a windscreen lol And the cold. I don't care for cold.

Glad you made it. I try not to imagine such an incident. Ouch!
                      79 XS1100F, Stored for 20 years, Indigo Blue, Original Paint with hand pin stripe dated in 79 (except one side cover is now primered), 10,000 miles!

79 XS1100F, Dead/parts.

Comment

I did some stream fording on my MG today. I was pre-riding some roads for the XS650 rally coming up in two weeks. Two miles of gravel road had to be covered to get to these falls.

Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Beautiful .!Love water falls ,we got a little one up here you would like Niagara Falls, slowly I turn step by step.!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X