Foray...NYC/LI...To get a bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record,

It was always a she...I bought her anything she wanted and she always got her way. In return she let me ride her anytime i wanted
    Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

I missed any references to changing its name...but no matter...this bike will always be SwampThing or Swampy as Randy had referred to her...and yes she is a Queen... No plans to change anything at this point...I ran out of money this month so there went my plans to get some new shocks until the next paycheck at the end of this month...cutting it real close to XSEast
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Put XJ shocks on it.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Put XJ shocks on it.
          Hmm never thought of that...might just know where a pair of XJ shocks are...will they fit straight up???
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have them on my SG. Swap them side to side and take off the helmet lock they fit right on. The air line runs across just behind the tool box.

Made my bike ride and handle a LOT better.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I have them on my SG. Swap them side to side and take off the helmet lock they fit right on. The air line runs across just behind the tool box.

Made my bike ride and handle a LOT better.
              Thanks Greg thats really good to know...
              mlew who is local to me has a pair...just saw them last week...wonder if he'll part with them...will be calling soon...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

post script...The shocks turned out not being the problem...it was the rear tire,,,replaced it with a Shinko 712 and all is goood with the world... And Garrett...you did read this last year...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Mega-congrats, Ben!
                  Way cool.

Went to a good home!

Bob
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

He was trying to ride The Swamp Thing at XS Southeast last fall Bob, you should have come.

I guess I don't have a lot to talk about "trying to ride" do I?
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

He was trying to ride The Swamp Thing at XS Southeast last fall Bob, you should have come.

I guess I don't have a lot to talk about "trying to ride" do I?
                      Thanks Bob...
                      well you didnt see Greg...that i didnt have to try very hard...the bike ran flawlessley and i came out un-scathed...had yo come out un-scathed you would have known that. I am amazed by this bike for it runs as well as my ST1100 does...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                      X