Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrival to South Padre Island...

Ahhhhh.... Toes in the sand FINALLY!

Yup! Just what the doctor ordered for spring fever!!

I sent these next ones to my wife, who was at work making us some money, like all good wives should do. I figured, since I'm the nice, thoughtful kind of husband that I am, she'd appreciate that I was thinking of her and all. Dang women.. Every time you try to do something nice for them, they figure out a way to complain about it. I don't know why I even keep her around... out here braving these horrible elements to send her pics and all. She's lucky to have a wonderful guy like me.

Anyway, I found a buffet that's all you can eat seafood fior $19, so I'm off to try to eat my weight in crab legs. I'm sure I'll be miserable afterwards, so I'll be back on later to tell you how horrible everything is.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

You gonna find another Mexican bar tender and learn some new dirty words in spanish? Or, maybe just practice the ones we learned at El Tequila.

ojete
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Sorry for

Your hardship, we are getting six to eight inches of snow tonight. Jeremy's head stone is beautiful.
        mack
        79 XS 1100 SF Special
        HERMES
        original owner
        http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
        SPICA
        http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
        IOTA
        https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
        https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
        Frankford, Ont, Canada
        613-398-6186

Comment

Since it was 60 here today, I'm not feeling the pain so badly. What is really killing me is your sand writing is much neater then my hand writing!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

The beach

Forgot to mention, you can drive, ride & camp on the beach.
            Not too many places let you do that anymore.
            Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
            stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Mission accomplished!!!

I actually got to this place during daylight, but ended up eating crab legs for... ehh... 3 hours? Dang things are good, but it's like trying to fill up on sunflower seeds.

No plans for tomorrow except a long long walk on the beach. I'll try to cut my foot on a shell or something for you guys so you see how miserable it is here. I also need to switch hotels. Thurs. night at Motel 6 here is $30. Friday night is $70. Found a place a couple buildings down for $40. That saves me enough to eat crab legs again tomorrow! (If they let me back in the place...)
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                That saves me enough to eat crab legs again tomorrow! (If they let me back in the place...)
                Is it gonna be another Catfish Cabin deal where the cook flips out because you've eaten more than he can cook?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

[QUOTE=trbig;

No plans for tomorrow except a long long walk on the beach.[/QUOTE]

A good choice for you Tod..........................just sorry to hear your havin' such a miserable time!
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Ride safe,,,,gez,I'm getting it from all sides.. friend of mine texted me and told me she was out ridng in Charlote,N.C.yesterday.It was 80. It snowed here today.How depresing.
                    Last edited by Cuda 69; 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM.
                    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Am I the only one who gives a **** that Jeremy's posts are all erased or otherwise unavailable?

Man, that really BLOWS.

How will we be remembered when we're gone? And by whom? JAT.
                      Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

What are you talking about Randy?

http://www.xs11.com/forum/search.php?searchid=911189
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          Your search don't work. What was it that you searched for specifically?
                          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                          Vetter Windjammer IV
                          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                          OEM Luggage Rack
                          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                          Spade Fuse Box
                          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                          750 FD Mod
                          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Totally agree with you Randy but its like crying over spilled milk at this point...I didnt know him personally,but i did talk with him about Limie Accent and he was excited and enthusiastic about its potential... and you could sense his exuberance.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hmmmm......works perfectly for me. Shows ALL posts by Montreux_Blue.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                Hmmmm......works perfectly for me. Shows ALL posts by Montreux_Blue.
                                Well thats making me feel better...who said they were deleted anyway???One thing that Prom did say ...that i totally agree with... is that whats posted is public record and should remain that way... Regardless if the thread got so bad that it had to be locked down... he was against deleting the "public record"...
                                Last edited by madmax-im; 02-24-2012, 07:36 PM.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X