No announcement yet.

Vacuum Petcock rebuild kit - FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does mention "vacuum for emergency" in the description whatever that means. It has a diaphragm and vacuum port. I'm sure it's built with the finest Chinese rubber money can buy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l960 (13).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	877399

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
      I reached out to K&L about it. Let's wait and see if they respond. I like to think they will. I will post it here if in fact I get any response.
      I am glad to hear you did because I was about to do the same thing. I usually test all of mine when rebuilding them though. I take the vacuum hose off put a vacuum on it then see if I can blow air through the petcock. I then take the vacuum off and try again not being able to. Now I am questioning things. When the weather improves here, I hate cold weather, I will dig through some of my old parts box to see if I have and old and a new diaphragm I can measure.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post

I am glad to hear you did because I was about to do the same thing. I usually test all of mine when rebuilding them though. I take the vacuum hose off put a vacuum on it then see if I can blow air through the petcock. I then take the vacuum off and try again not being able to. Now I am questioning things. When the weather improves here, I hate cold weather, I will dig through some of my old parts box to see if I have and old and a new diaphragm I can measure.
        I have a few XS650 petcocks with good diaphragms. I have new o'rings. I suspect my Eleven Special is a victim of the K&L short pin. It's too cold in the garage for sure.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X