XS11 Standard Fork Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11 Standard Fork Brace

Most of us know that TKAT retired a few years ago so his fantastic TKAT Fork Braces for XS100 Standards and Specials are no longer available.

There is a Tarozzi fork brace available for XS1100's but those are cast aluminum and to me are not appealing at all. http://www.fastfromthepast.com/fork-braces

However Marty (as in jetmechmarty) referred me to a posting and discussion on xs650.com about the FASTEC Fork Brace that fits on an XS1100 Standard.
    So I bought one.

My new FASTEC Fork Brace in the Box then installed on my XS11E

What is odd is FASTEC does not (or did not in Oct / Nov) show any listing at all for XS1100 Fork Braces. You will notice from the invoice that this part is sold as a fork brace for a Suzuki GSX750.

Anyway, the guys over on xs650.com said the Part # FR10109 for the Suzuki GSX750 (Pol & Eng FR) had the same fit as for XS1100. A couple guys active on xs650.com had installed the Fastec on their XS11's and were very pleased. So on that advise and recommendation, I bought one.
    Very Happy with the product

Fits nice just like the TKAT. Assembled tightly just like the TKAT. If you are looking for a Fork Brace for an XS1100 Standard I would recommend this one. Only trouble I had was the 4 top screws bottomed out in the on the threads in the crossover block (L & R of where FASTEC is engraved) so I had to use a thin washer so the screws weren't bottoming out before tightened to torque.

Hopefully some day they will fix their website and list Yamaha / XS1100
    BTW, neither the companies direct website https://www.fastec-racing.co.uk/collections/fork-braces or their Ebay outlet lists XS1100. I recall that the brace I bought wasn't on the companies website products list but it was listed on Ebay. fwiw

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-16-2020, 08:46 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

…...Also, the Standard fork lowers are a few millimeters smaller in diameter than the Special fork lowers. So, with that, the fork brace Jeff has installed unfortunately will NOT work on XS11 Specials!.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

…..plus fork brace for Specials have inner fork mount piece being a raised area in order for inner brace piece to clear top of fender as Special forks have a leading front axle mount.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Question does this fork brace Install below or ontop of the dust seals?
        80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

It installs where the dust boots original location is, then the dust boots attach to the top of the brace.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Much appreciated thanks Phil.
            80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

They opened a dedicated web store for fork braces and there is one for the XS11 listed. Pricey shiny stuff though https://www.thebritishforkbracecompa...100-fork-brace

Comment

Still like my Tarozzi - blends in better than something shiny and much cheaper! Noticeable handling improvement. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, won't fit Specials either.

https://www.fastfromthepast.com/25-0036
                1980 XS1100G (one owner-me)
                1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 (Frankenbike)
                Owned - 1976 XS750D
                Owned - 1972 Honda CB750
                Owned - (unknown year) XS650
                (+ too many Yammies/Hondas to mention)

Comment

I like "The Road Warrior look" so I use these San Jose type fork braces. They work great. Very rigid. Much needed on sidecar bikes. I find them cheap at swap meets and eBay. These are popular with the Airhead BMW crowd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1048.A.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	875733 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5077.A.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	875734

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                    They opened a dedicated web store for fork braces and there is one for the XS11 listed. Pricey shiny stuff though https://www.thebritishforkbracecompa...100-fork-brace
                    Bonus: They fit the '83 and '84 XS11's.
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Hi Jeff
                      Have not been here in a long time. Had the tkat on mine.
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
                        I like "The Road Warrior look" so I use these San Jose type fork braces. They work great. Very rigid. Much needed on sidecar bikes. I find them cheap at swap meets and eBay. These are popular with the Airhead BMW crowd.
                        Are those made as application specific or are you looking for a particular length between the fork tubes? They look to bolt up at the fender mounts.

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

They do bolt to the fender mounts and they are application specific. The XS1100 units are totally different from the KZ1000 units. The KZ750 twin units are also unique.

Comment

Working...
                          X