No announcement yet.

Helmet's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart helmets sound like fun. Top gun baby.
    81 LH in process
    09 vstar 1300
    only allowed 2

Comment

Now for the inevitable question. How much of that will help riders, how much will turn them into distracted cagers, per se?
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        Jetmechmarty, what do you mean "it's the quietest unless behind a large windscreen"?
        My Arai helmet is quiet when It's in the wind. Behind a windscreen, the air comes from behind and it is much louder.

My XS11 has a Plexifairing III on it. It's quiet with a half helmet and I can ride comfortably with my ears exposed. It's loud in the Arai helmet, but not terrible. The Arai is at its best with the screen off.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

HJC just came out with a quiet modular, RPHA Max Align, and mine should be here this afternoon. It was $329 online, but that beats $455 at the local discount store. The Schuberth(sp) is very quiet, but the HJC is about 2db away at 65mph. It also is light, about 4 pounds.
          I'll post a full review later this week. It will be from the Midnight Special with the street shield, as the BMW is in a shop, waiting on $1K for the used final drive. Once out, I'll try it as well, behind the LARGE windscreen it has.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yes Ray.! That's a good price, looking at their website 500.00.suggested retail. Ouch.I should have shopped a little more,or posted here first and or ask some questions before I purchased the is-max2 elemental.Now that I know how nice these R. You want to share that site you bought Helmet from ?.thanks.
            Last edited by tomcos67; 03-28-2016, 12:10 PM.
            1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
            2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Looks like it will not get here until Tuesday afternoon, so another day before the write-up.
              Site was http://www.motorcyclegear.com/ . They handle last years gear and closeouts at a VERY good price. IF you see something, buy it or forget about it though. I tried on the helmet at a local large store, but the price was high, and the local sales tax is a killer, almost 9%
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG

Comment

I have 3 helmets that i really like the newsest is a Shoei Qwest...quiet and very good airflow...fit is superb...an older Shoei TZ-R that is very quiet in the wind and has excellent ventilation....both Shoeis' fit very well and their quality is top notch...dont recall what I paid for the TZ-R but the Qwest was about $330...both of these are fixed full faced designs...the 3rd helmet is an HJC Symax 2 modular( approx $300)...fits very well...ventilation isnt as good but its a flip face... and it is nosier...but in the summer this is my go to helmet...since I am deaf helmet/road noise is not a factor when considering a helmet...YMMV...and it most certainly will...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Got the new helmet and gave it a ride!
                  HJC RPHA Max Helmet, size Large.
                  It DOES run slightly small in size, my old ZR-1 was a medium and fit well after a short break in. This one was tight at first, but is already better after about 45 minutes. Helmet is more of round than oval, and that my effect the size difference.
                  Two of the big things for me,
                  1. it's light! it weighs about the same as the ZR-1, and that is NOT modular.
                  2. it's QUIET! No earplugs and still less noise than the ZR-1 WITH earplugs!
                  Longtem results next week, after a few hundred miles.
                  Again, I bought it at motorcyclegear.com, and it was $329 to my door. It IS a DOT but NOT SNELL approved. As SNELL is for race cars, and states a helmet must be hit twice in the same place, I try NOT to get SNELL. Motorcycle accidents are usually a fly then tumble, and your head hits all kinds of places and things.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                    Got the new helmet and gave it a ride!
                    HJC RPHA Max Helmet, size Large.
                    It DOES run slightly small in size, my old ZR-1 was a medium and fit well after a short break in. This one was tight at first, but is already better after about 45 minutes. Helmet is more of round than oval, and that my effect the size difference.
                    Two of the big things for me,
                    1. it's light! it weighs about the same as the ZR-1, and that is NOT modular.
                    2. it's QUIET! No earplugs and still less noise than the ZR-1 WITH earplugs!
                    Longtem results next week, after a few hundred miles.
                    Again, I bought it at motorcyclegear.com, and it was $329 to my door. It IS a DOT but NOT SNELL approved. As SNELL is for race cars, and states a helmet must be hit twice in the same place, I try NOT to get SNELL. Motorcycle accidents are usually a fly then tumble, and your head hits all kinds of places and things.
                    I had a helmet that fit tight Ray, it really wasn't bad but after a few hours it pressed on the top of my forehead enough that it became uncomfortable.

I ended up pulling the liner out and shaving the Styrofoam under it to relieve the pressure there.

JAT
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

This one was the cheek pads, and if I lost 10 lbs the bike would go faster, and the helmet would fit. It's NOT really that tight, so I know it will "break in" soon.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG

Comment

Working...
                      X