Helmet's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet's

When I first started riding motorcycles in late seventies,no Helmet required, Los Angeles.
    Then when I bought xs inherited a couple open face helmet's. Never paid much attention.
    After reading about some members crashes,not there fault. Started thinking of maybe full face.
    Some more time went bye, two years.(real procrastinator).
    So the other day finally, pick up a hvc elemental 2 modular Helmet.
    Who new.These things are great.!
    Features, face lifts up.one position easy, gloves on.
    Built in sun visor ,slides down over glasses.! (Nice)
    Then outside shield slides up.
    Vented , nicely.
    So like they say all the gear all the time.! ride safe.!
    Go check them out.
    1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
    2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Helmet's brand name H J C.

Comment

My current daily helmet is a modular, and they're convenient. I spent a lot of money on mine last season. The trade-off is wind noise, and it's substantial compared to a full face. A pair of earbuds with music fixes that (I also have a Sena 20S fitted to mine).
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
        My current daily helmet is a modular, and they're convenient. I spent a lot of money on mine last season. The trade-off is wind noise, and it's substantial compared to a full face. A pair of earbuds with music fixes that (I also have a Sena 20S fitted to mine).
        Correct, Noticed that.Don't know what you would have to spend,for less noise.There is a German company that invented this design Schuberth c3pro helmet $769.00.
        Wondering if that's better. For that money, you better not get wind noise.??

Comment

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
          Correct, Noticed that.Don't know what you would have to spend,for less noise.There is a German company that invented this design Schuberth c3pro helmet $769.00.
          Wondering if that's better. For that money, you better not get wind noise.??
          Actually, you do. Does not matter. I have all high-dollar helmets. They're all noisy.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I like the modular helmet because a full face makes me claustrophobic. When I slow down in traffic or stop I like being able to open the face up to get some air.

I have a Hawk modular with Bluetooth. I can listen to music or answer my phone wireless out on the road. It is pretty loud wind noise too but I repositioned the speakers so they are actually pointing into my ear canal so it's not real bad now.

It was only about $250.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I have a Speed and Strength SS2200, that was the most comfortable of everything I tried on at the time in the sub-$200 price range. It has the drop-down visor common to the SS helmets and a removable chin guard. I just added a Sena 10s and had to cut some plastic on the inside to fit the speakers. My next helmet I need to take into account fitment for the Sena, and safety is more of a concern the older I get so a Snell or ECE rating will be a must, which requires a fixed chin guard.

It's worth paying more for safety features, but it's worthless if it isn't comfortable.

82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
              Website/Blog

Comment

Sorry to ask but what is being referred to as modular?
                My helmet is a full face but the entire front lifts as the old bmw helmets did. I do not notice a lot of wind noise.
                81 LH in process
                09 vstar 1300
                only allowed 2

Comment

Originally posted by aquamantx View Post
                  Sorry to ask but what is being referred to as modular?
                  My helmet is a full face but the entire front lifts as the old bmw helmets did. I do not notice a lot of wind noise.
                  http://www.revzilla.com/modular-motorcycle-helmets
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thankyou BA80. So mine would be a modular. I do like the fact that I can lift the front. Texas can get pretty worm in the summer and a little air when stopped is nice.
                    81 LH in process
                    09 vstar 1300
                    only allowed 2

Comment

Ok a little southern there. Let's go with hot
                      81 LH in process
                      09 vstar 1300
                      only allowed 2

Comment

Thankyou BA80. So mine would be a modular. I do like the fact that I can lift the front. Texas can get pretty worm in the summer and a little air when stopped is nice.
                        Ok a little southern there. Let's go with hot
                        Gets hot here in Oklahoma too.....

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

The best helmet is one that fits. Unfortunately, I have an Arai shaped head. The up side is that it's quiet unless behind a large windscreen and extremely well ventilated in the XS riding position. I'm due for a new one.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Went with a Shoei Quest 4 years ago, been a very good helmet in quality and low noise, however I always wear ear plugs. Never had a modular before, a few buddies ride with them and like them.

Jetmechmarty, what do you mean "it's the quietest unless behind a large windscreen"? Is it wind buffeting coming off the widescreen that makes it noisy vs being in open air? I had a VStrom 1000 that no matter what 'screen I used, I felt like I had been in a boxing match my head was knocked around so bad each ride above 40-45 mph.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Real smart helmet's R on the way.!There's a company developing a helmet that will be very smart.Heads up display all way communication, nav aids, hi visibility.Down side,projected price 1500 +.range.!Peace.!

Comment

Working...
                              X