Rockwell oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwell oil cooler

Excellent product. I would like to put a fan on it. After bolting this on; my engine smelled better, and I sensed that I could take a longer ride without wrecking it. It screws on with no modifications.
    [IMG]http://michaelwilliamandersen.ga[/IMG]

Oil Cooler

Really by Lockheed and it mounts on your horn mount with a 2"x3/4" piece of steel

Comment

oil cooler?

is this available somewhere or is it bolted off an aircraft :-)
      '79 sf xs11 special (stolen)
      '81 sg xs11 special (crashed, totalled)
      '82 5k7 XS 1.1 sport
      '91 moto guzzi california III 1000 (actually 950)
      '00 HD fxd super glide 88"
      '08 500 royal enfield bullet 500

Comment

Oil Cooler

Hey Morticiaann It dosen't matter what you post ,i will check it out just to watch your Red Head do her thing. Some cute. bkr

Comment

Oil Cooler

I found a discussion about it at: XS11.com > Idle Talk Forum > XS11/XJ11 Discussion > Pizzas and xs oil cooler
          Mine bolted on with a Jardine 4 into 1 header. It's a tight fit.
          I happened across one at Ebay.
          HOT ROD MAGAZINE - "heat is the engine's worst enemy".

Comment

oil cooler

Got mine from an xs member,very pleased by the way. Anywho could not put it on yet,a few probs on my specific bike.1 the plate that the lines attach to would not fit with a kerker 4-1 header.That prob solved as two head pipes rusted through three days ago(back to stock exhaust for now). 2 on my xj there is a support bar that runs between the two down tubes right near the two hoses that run from cooler to plate.They are hard lines that connect to plate then are rubber crimped a few inches up.They will not fit in between engine and that bar previously mentioned.I'll have to notch them so lines will fit.Not a big prob at all as i am pretty mechanicaly inclined(just not a good speller though) .So in other words the actual cooler can come from anywhere,even a car trans cooler will work.THE IMPORTANT PARTS ARE THE SANDWHICH PLATE AND the BOLT to bolt the plate up. hope this helps,because i've asked many shops and mechanics about oil cooling the xj and they looked at me like i was nuts.AS USUAL THE GUYS ON THIS SITE CAME to the RESCUE AGAIN. Can't say thank you to all enough.THANKS AGAIN.sorry for the lenghty post.
            1982 XJ 1100
            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I have an XS850 oil cooler that I'm planning to put on the Mongrel but I have to redo the oil lines. It's plumbed for going around 3 pipes. ;o)

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey Geez! Have you installed that XS 850 oil cooler yet? I have a tip that I found very helpful. I had one of those also on my bike. I had to cut the steel lines about 1 1/2 inches from the adapter plate, and brazed some 'barbs' around the end of the tube to keep the hoses from coming off at high speed. That happened twice. Once in downtown San Diego. Luckily SWMBO had her Swiss army knife with her. What a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by John
                  Hey Geez! Have you installed that XS 850 oil cooler yet? I have a tip that I found very helpful. I had one of those also on my bike. I had to cut the steel lines about 1 1/2 inches from the adapter plate, and brazed some 'barbs' around the end of the tube to keep the hoses from coming off at high speed. That happened twice. Once in downtown San Diego. Luckily SWMBO had her Swiss army knife with her. What a mess.
                  It's still in a box in the garage. There is a place here in town that makes up SS lines, I was going to have new lines made up when I'm ready to install it.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X