Brake Fluid Bleeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Fluid Bleeder

I picked this up at Harbor Freight for 25 bucks figuring it was worth a try. Had some trouble with it at first until I read some reviews that mentioned having to put a dab of grease on the bleed nipples as it draws air from around it otherwise. After I did that this thing worked flawlessly. After I did the bike I had a brake job to do on a car and again this thing performed perfectly on the rear brakes of the car. On top of coming with the vacuum bleeder it comes with a bottle to put your new brake fluid in with adapters to sit on top of your master cylinder to drip in new fluid so you dont have to keep checking the level. Truly a one man job. A++

'79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
    Green Coils
    SS Brake Lines

I should also add that you can remove the end piece and use the hose to suck out the spooge hole in the master cylinders and clean up all the nasty old brake fluid in the resevoirs.
    '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
    Green Coils
    SS Brake Lines

Comment

Originally posted by benxs1100 View Post
      I should also add that you can remove the end piece and use the hose to suck out the spooge hole in the master cylinders and clean up all the nasty old brake fluid in the resevoirs.
      If you have nasty old brake fluid in your resevoirs, you MUST take them apart and clean them!! Just draining/flushing them is NOT enough!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        If you have nasty old brake fluid in your resevoirs, you MUST take them apart and clean them!! Just draining/flushing them is NOT enough!
        Depends on how old/nasty your talking about. If it's still fluid but dark brown and nasty looking you MIGHT get away with a good flushing of the system. However I would agree that if the spooge hole is clogged you need to pull the system apart and go through it completely.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
          I should be more specific. I tore apart and rebuilt both MC's but I used this to suck all the big pieces of crap out of them rather than wasted a few cans of brake parts cleaner. It pulled a lot of gunk out of those little holes.
          '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
          Green Coils
          SS Brake Lines

Comment

I have the Mity Vac version and I used it for the same thing when I got Banshee. I would have swore someone dredged the bottom of the Mississippi, drained off any liquid, and dumped the leftover sludge into the front MC of that bike.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Working...
            X