Mikesxs.com..vent/advice (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikesxs.com..vent/advice (long)

So, I'm puting taller bars on my '81 XS850 and needed an extended clutch cable, throttle cable and front brake line. I researched a bunch of vendors and found good reviews on mikesxs.com. They also just happened to have all three of the items I needed at the lengths that I specifically needed them to be. So, I placed the order for them, and added some handlebar grips to the order as well. I ordered them on the 1st, I believe. I received a confirmation of order and shipment on Monday the 2nd, via email. Well, I've been ordering a good bit of parts for my bike since I acquired it about a month ago and I kinda lost track of when each delivery is supposed to be delivered. So, come last Thursday, I realized I hadn't received my order from mikesxs yet. So, I checked my email and saw that a delievery notification from UPS stated that my package was delivered on the 3rd...only 1 day after the order shipped, since I live in Florida where the parts are shipped from. Anyways, I never received the package. The UPS delivery confirmation says that the package was left at the front door. Since me or my wife wasn't home, UPS just left the package...without a signature or anything. Well, sparing the details, my apartment was broken into on Tuesday the 3rd and a handgun and watch were taken, and I can only assume the package was taken as well (Two days later (Thursday) my neighbor got burglarized too). So, I email mikesxs and notify them of my problem and ask what they can do about it. I get an email back from them telling me "You need to contact the police and file a report. That should be your next move". And that was their response...that's it! I was appalled at the complete and lack of customer service...couldn't believe it. They didn't even attempt to work with me. Not even so much as file a claim with UPS or work with me on getting another order out, nothing. I checked mikexs website to see what kind of policy they have on lost/stolen deliveries and it said that it's the responsibility of the courier if there is a problem with shipment and that its the buyer's responsibility to file a claim. Mikes email could have AT LEAST referred me to this policy, but they just shrugged me off. So, I contact UPS and they tell me that I have to contact Mikes and tell them to request UPS to innitiate a "tracer" to make sure the package was delivered to the right place. UPS also said that it's the responsibility of the shipper to file a lost/stolen claim since they are the ones who paid UPS to ship. Basically, I got the runaround. So, I sent a couple more emails to mikes over this past weekend, notifying them of what UPS has said, etc. and Mike's hasn't gotten back to me as of today.
    Has anyone been "stiffed" like this before by Mikes? Mikes doesn't have a phone # listed on their webpage, so if they don't want to answer their emails, I'm just left in the dark. I'm pretty frustrated with them right now. This order wasn't a huge sum, "only" $86, but I just feel like I'm being screwed over by this company. I paid with Paypal, so it's not like I can put a chargeback/stop payment on my purchase. So, do any of you have any recommendations as to what I can do here?

I have ordered from them many times. No problems.

You have to admit...they may could have handled it better but is anything really their fault here? If I sent you a part and you told me it was stolen from you would it be up to me to replace it?
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
      I have ordered from them many times. No problems.

You have to admit...they may could have handled it better but is anything really their fault here? If I sent you a part and you told me it was stolen from you would it be up to me to replace it?
      Since, according to UPS, it's the shipper's responsibility to file a lost/stolen shipment claim, why won't Mikesxs work with me here? I tried to do this through UPS myself, but UPS said Mikesxs has to do it. Why can't I get a response? When it comes down to it, technically an item lost in shipment isn't the seller's fault, but customer service in times like these goes a long way in furthering your business. I get the feeling that Mikesxs could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by br1ev8 View Post
        Since, according to UPS, it's the shipper's responsibility to file a lost/stolen shipment claim, why won't Mikesxs work with me here? I tried to do this through UPS myself, but UPS said Mikesxs has to do it. Why can't I get a response? When it comes down to it, technically an item lost in shipment isn't the seller's fault, but customer service in times like these goes a long way in furthering your business. I get the feeling that Mikesxs could care less.
        The lost/stole claim for UPS is if the item is lost/stolen from UPS's posession, Your item was delivered to your door, and that is where it ends. A theif stole your property from your home, So How would Mikesxs be on the hook for this ? Yes if the item was lost or stolen from UPS, Mikesxs would have to file for the claim, But as i said the item was lost/stolen from you. Next time I would request a signature required especially in your area it seems, Or a good ol PO box.
        1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

i would call paypal. tell them you never got the package. do it now don't wait.
          80 xs1100G

Comment

The only time i've had an issue with MikesXS is when I mentioned that I was shopping for bits for an 11. If you want the cold shoulder, try that one.

It's sounds like you've had some very bad luck, but it does sound more like an issue for your insurance company rather that Mikes or UPS. I guess Mikes could have been a little more sympathetic but, then they would also have a reasonable expectation that you had read the terms and conditions before ordering. UPS shouldnt just leave things on door steps, and i think if you have had poor service it is from them, but unless it was specifically required to be signed for then they have done nothing wrong either.

I can see that it would leave a sour taste in your mouth, as it would mine, but this seems to be a case of buyer beware and read the fine print. The paypal idea may be worth considering but if you have already notified UPS and the Police then it will likely fail. As I said, your best bet would be your insurance company, if the combined value of lost, and stolen items is high enough, and if you have one.

Good Luck.
            1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
            2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Just tell Pay Pal you did not receive your order . You have no reason to mention that your place was robbed. Using UPS is a mistake also (just my opinion) they are nothing but trouble up here.
              BDF Special
              80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
              Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Theft by any name

So it is OK to pass your misfortune on to someone else if can?
                Sorry man, that is what you buy insurance for.
                '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                Original except:
                120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by jmnjrpa View Post
                  So it is OK to pass your misfortune on to someone else if can?
                  Sorry man, that is what you buy insurance for.
                  Exactly, make a claim through your home insurance .. the parcel was ripped off by someone other than the supplier and shipper..

MikesXS- did their job, they shipped the parts ( probably sent you a tracking number to indicate so)

UPS - delivered the parcel to your house

Suggesting to put the blame on any of the above mentioned is just wrong ..
                  1980 SG - "Blue Balls"

Complete Restoration - Finished June 21/2010

- 1179 kit
                  - 80/81 carbs 42.5/115 mains with XS pods
                  - Mac 4 into 1 exhaust
                  - Venture auto CCT
                  - progressive fork springs - no air
                  - Mike's progressive rear shocks
                  - Galfer S.S. Brake Lines
                  - XSDirect - Black Coils
                  - 8 mm S.S. Core Plug Wires
                  - T.C. fuse box
                  - TKat fork brace
                  - Geezer regulator
                  - Battlax BT45 V-Rated tires
                  - 5W40 - Rotella T6 Synth Engine Oil
                  - rest of bike is "good old Yamaha"

Comment

Another View on things

In these situations, I try to look at it as if the folks involved were my friends and or relatives (ok, relatives I like). Think of it as if you had bought the parts from your best friend, and had arranged for your cousin you've hung out with since you were three to bring the parts and leave them on your porch. Then the parts got stolen off your porch. Would you expect your brother to resend the parts? Would you be hitting your cousin up to pay for them?

Not a jab at anyone here, but the overall tendency is to look at a business as an entity in itself, when in reality it is merely a group of people working together to provide goods and or services. People who rely on the profits to make a living just as you rely on the profits of the business you work for to make your living. You can't make a business pay without making a person, or perhaps a group of people, pay. Thats the downside to the internet, it has depersonalized everything so much. JMO
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Yeah,

Well put, Don.
                      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                      Original except:
                      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

mike's got his profit, ups got there's. chose your friends wisely.
                        80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by br1ev8 View Post
                          so, do any of you have any recommendations as to what i can do here?

move!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                            Exactly, make a claim through your home insurance .. the parcel was ripped off by someone other than the supplier and shipper..

UPS - delivered the parcel to your house

Suggesting to put the blame on any of the above mentioned is just wrong ..
                            Whatever dude, if you were there to see UPS deliver the parcel why did you let it get stolen.
                            BDF Special
                            80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                            Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

So... just so I can get this straight...
                              We forum members need to look out for some dude carrying a pistol, who knows what time it is, waving a set of non-stock cables from a 30-year old bike?
                              Thanks for the heads-up.

Suggest you lock up your next pistol a bit better, wear your watch, and rethink the ape-hangers.
                              Now that you have had your handgun stolen, you might want to join your local target shooting club. Maybe you can spot it being used in the next competition...

Please update when the local PD finds the gun, or the cables.

I might just want to send flowers to the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X