No announcement yet.

AGM Battery from Batteries Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought my Concours in 2009 it needed a new battery. Bought an AGM at Batteries Plus, had problems with it going dead, returned it. They kept it overnight, said it was fine, gave it back to me. I reinstalled it and it has been going strong for 4 years. Don't know if they switched batteries on me but they said they gave me the same one back. Strange. Anyway, I don't put a tender on it and have not had a problem starting after the bikes sits a while, say a month or so.

Also had an AGM in the XJ and it lasted for 5 or 6 years. Would suggest an AGM to anyone looking for a new battery even though they are more expensive than a flooded style. NO maintenance or leakage from an AGM, and I have seen my share of corroded battery trays. Long rides in particular (weeks, not days) are much nicer. I used to carry a quart of distilled water with me on long trips to top off the battery as needed. No more removing the battery and topping off the cells. I've also noticed that corrosion around the battery terminals is far less than with a conventional battery.

Still undecided about Battereis Plus. May use them again unless another source comes to light. I recycle a lot of company batteries there, mostly from UPS units.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

My XS650 just finished off its first AGM battery. It lasted nine years! My XS1100 has one too.

Here is where I got the last ones. Pick your own favorite.

Battery-Web.com
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Working...
      X