AGM Battery from Batteries Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM Battery from Batteries Plus

Bought a high dollar ($84) AGM battery from Batteries Plus figureing on long life and not having to pull it every couple of months to check the water. 1 year warranty on this battery. 19 months later, it takes a dump. Not your typical goes dead in just a couple of days or won't hold a charge, but ride-to the-store-go-in-come-out and its dead type of dump. Fully functional charging system on the bike, low amp maintainer on it when not ridden more than a few days, clean cables, you know, all the stuff you supposed to do to a battery and a bit more. Knowing it was out warranty, I figured they would work with me due to the circumstances of the failure. You know, knock a few bucks off a new one, I go away with a new battery and they keep a customer. Stood hard and fast on the 1 year warranty with a snotty attitude. Last AGM battery I buy form them, check that, last battery I will ever buy from them. Shoulda done my homework, its seems I am not the only one with a short lived AGM battery.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

For what it's worth, I won't go back to Batteries Plus either. I went to get a battery for my bike and it seems they sold me the wrong battery. Unfortunately I didn't know at the time and by the time I learned that it was the wrong one, it was too late to return it.
    If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

I get mine from

WALLY WORLD, that's right. About 50 dollars or there abouts. Lasts about 3 years.
      Jack
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

I got my battery from batteries plus for 55 and its working ok so far! only had it 5 months.
        Austin Ingalls

MIDNIGHT FURY
        1979 XS1100 Special [Full Restore Project]
        XJ maxim rear air shocks
        KERKER 4-into-1 exhaust
        Pod Filters

Money pit.......
        BLACKED OUT

Comment

I bought an odyssey battery 5 yrs. ago paid about $100 for it. has a metal case and can be mounted up..down..sideways. during storage,i disconnect one side. i check battery b-4 startup in spring, still has 12.8 volts same as when put in storage. GOOD BATTERY!
          www.odsseyfactory.com

Comment

I have bought several batteries from Batteries Plus and have had no problems.
            They are a bit expensive, but the one I go to has great customer service.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

If you all would just spend a few more bucks and save yourself the headache stranded somewhere, issue resolved!..............Interstate..........been in there five yrs.......don't believe in battery tenders as they WILL shorten the battery life!.....Put in an Interstate (correct one) and forget it. Your wallet will thank you later. Guess too many years experience with automotive electrical and charging systems. Make sure ALL electrical connections are at a minimum resistance so system won't be overcharging, otherwise your gonna half to watch electrolite levels in battery. Also, if you have to add water, use only distilled water.......trust me on this one. Bout all I can say is cowboy up and spend the 80+ bucks for a good battery.......will save you low voltage mysteries down the road!
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I bought an odyssey battery 5 yrs. ago paid about $100 for it. has a metal case and can be mounted up..down..sideways. during storage,i disconnect one side. i check battery b-4 startup in spring, still has 12.8 volts same as when put in storage. GOOD BATTERY!
                www.odsseyfactory.com
                I second the vote of confidence in Odyssey, and excellent battery in my experience, my first on lasted 8 years and would fire up my bike (which was stored under a cover outside in Upstate NY) the following spring every year until the last (when I replaced it) without recharging and with no problem.
                Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

I bought a DEKA AGM battery have had excellent results for the $80 spent on it. Has almost 3 times the cca as the factory battery. Spins my 1100 right over.
                  sinners & saints
                  '80 xs11 special
                  '84 Honda vf700f
                  '75 Honda CB500T
                  '92 Yamaha Seca II

Comment

Interstate is not what they used to be, I avoid them anymore, and that is a shame.

And I know more people that have had excellent results with a Battery Tender than those that have had bad luck - One fellow, over 8 years on the battery in his ZRX1100, still going.

Bottom line, good local service.

Support your local dealers - Preferably non-franchised ones......
                    Steve
                    aka: h9r, Honda919Rider

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/xs...ing/2517783158

Comment

Odessy battery is the absolutly the least inexpensive battery on the market. They will laqst 10 years. Divide that cost/year.

Steve Scott

Comment

I agree batteries plus sucks. I got an agm like others and it turned to crap, leaked and went dead in a year.

got an agm from advance auto for around eighty bucks with a three year warranty around a year ago, held real well through cold with no tender.
                        82 XJ 1100
                        98 Magna
                        past bikes
                        ST1100
                        92 Harley FXR built
                        85 XJ 700 (2)
                        86 XJ 700X

Comment

AGM batteries DO NOT LIKE TENDERS!!!!! You CANNOT put a battery tender on one and expect it to last. The reason for getting an AGM is you don't NEED a tender. I'm running an AGM from batteries plus, and have had no problems with it. If the bikes parked for six weeks, it will still fire up in half a turn.
                          Battery tenders are made for flooded cell batteries, and that's ALL they should be used on. IF your AGM has been sitting for six months, put a charger on it for three hours and then ride.
                          Ray Matteis
                          KE6NHG
                          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Good post! I was considering to order a battery plus AGM for an under seat application i'm sorting out. Ill look into Interstate or Odessy now
                            Marc Garcia

1978 XS1100E
                            Simplified wiring
                            DynaTek green coils 3.0 Ohms
                            High performance spark plug wires
                            Blade fuses
                            Motoscope Mini Digital speedometer
                            R6 start button
                            Zx6 left controls
                            Mikuni BS36 Carbs (Gold tops)
                            Mikes XS tapered pod filters
                            4-1 headers w/open exhaust
                            Tkats fork brace

previous toys

1981 XJ650
                            1979 KZ650
                            1978 CB750
                            1971 CL350
                            2008 VZ800

Comment

I've installed agm's from batteries plus in every one of my last 8 bikes and never had a problem or a bad battery. one of my friends had a bad one, they replaced it immediately no questions asked. the agm in my current xs1100 works great and I've never hooked up my battery maintainer since I got it last year. expensive batteries for sure, but I do not want to push start this xs...

Comment

Working...
                              X