• Show
Clear All

• New Triumph Model

Love it or hate it?

Love it.
    42.86%
    Hate it.
    35.71%
    Crap. Need to expand the garage again :-)
    21.43%
    Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Street scrambler styling?

I thought the whole street scrambler styling thing was a crock the first time around but the old Triumph street scrambler was a lot more competent in the dirt than this bike's gonna be. It also doesn't look at all "right" or graceful. I'd rather have the Thruxton cafe styled Triumph.

If I wanted something for dual sport I'd use an XS650 and make it like this:

Or for more serious off road capability:

Or this:

It'd be a whole lot cheaper and better than this little exercise from the Triumph styling department.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Nice mike! I used to have an XS650 (it was my first bike) that was really clean. I wish I still had it...

Dan
      Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Mike is perfectly right!
        Still I won't change my little "Uschi"!
        XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

If I was to get a dual sport it would be Suzuki DRZ400R (R or L, whichever is the street-legal one).
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

looks just like my old suzuki. or XSactly like a 350 honda scrambler 1974ish era.....but i like
            1982 XJ 1100
            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

i would buy one i like it
              79 yamaha xs1100f standard
              best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

I like the retro look, but I doubt it would be much of an off road bike. Would be cool to putz around with. I like the Trump Tiger even better...
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

What are those long forks off of, in the bottom picture? I'm about to rebuild the Ducati 250 scrambler, and they look about like what i want to put on it.

Steve
                  80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                  73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                  62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                  Norton Electra - future restore
                  CZ 400 MX'er
                  68 Ducati Scrambler
                  RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Originally posted by LoserShoes
                    What are those long forks off of, in the bottom picture? I'm about to rebuild the Ducati 250 scrambler, and they look about like what i want to put on it.

Steve
                    Yamaha XT500.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

So taking a closer look at that picture, is that a 650 with xt500 parts hanging off of it, or an xt500 with a 650 motor shoehorned into the frame. Either way, nice bike.

Steve
                      80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                      73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                      62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                      Norton Electra - future restore
                      CZ 400 MX'er
                      68 Ducati Scrambler
                      RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Originally posted by LoserShoes
                        So taking a closer look at that picture, is that a 650 with xt500 parts hanging off of it, or an xt500 with a 650 motor shoehorned into the frame. Either way, nice bike.

Steve
                        650 with XT parts.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Comment

not enough buttons

Where's the button for "if you won it in a lottery would you keep it?"
                          That thing gotta weigh 500 lbs or so, thus NFG for dirt even with the high clearance but would I keep it for a road bike?
                          Well those pseudo dirt tires would bald out soon enough and be replaced with road rubber, chain drive lets you change the ratio easily if needed and so long as the exhaust don't burn my leg it'd be OK, can't see it when you're riding eh?
                          So, sure I would.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Where's the "Don't Much Care" button?

another attempt at "dual sport?" Not great on the road, not good in the dirt.
                            Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

I wouldn't say no good in the dirt. I don't think those XS650s would be good off-road but in my neck of the woods there are plenty of dirt roads that they'd be really fun on. In fact the northern half of my county can't be reached on pavement but there are some good, well maintained, dirt roads with nicely graded and banked turns. The big bore dual sport riders love 'em.
                              Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X