No announcement yet.

XS1100 vs Valyrie Interstate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many bikes ? Some is good, more is better too many is just right.
    fly

Comment

"I would buy both but that's me. Ian, I gotta tell you, telling me about your 34 bikes is the best news I heard all day. I *only* have 25 and my wife thinks I'm crazy. I can't wait to tell her about Ian MacDonald and his 34 bikes. OUTSTANDING! "

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post

Hah. The thought has crossed my mind, but it would be a Standard Valk, plus the bagged XS. But, at that point, I'm creeping away from why I want the Valk. I want a bagged Valk,
      Great minds think alike. Here's to 35 & 36.
      Last edited by DEEBS11; 02-15-2024, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and bloodied my shins many times on the engine guards of my 83 Goldwing, can't imagine it being any different on that Valkyrie for me. Sat on a BMW R18 once, great looking bike but I'm quite sure my size 14's would catch fire at some point.
        1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Valkyries have caught my eye in the past as well. Now that I've got a big fat 800lb Kawasaki Voyager in my fleet, I'm more comfortable with the idea of owning this size/weight of motorcycle, and the big 6cyl Honda sounds pretty appealing: less weight than the Voyager, and that exhaust note.
          Yamahas: 1978 XS1100E, XS500C
          Other bikes: 2000 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
            Valkyries have caught my eye in the past as well. Now that I've got a big fat 800lb Kawasaki Voyager in my fleet, I'm more comfortable with the idea of owning this size/weight of motorcycle, and the big 6cyl Honda sounds pretty appealing: less weight than the Voyager, and that exhaust note.
            I looked at a Vaquero, with a sticking clutch. It appealed to me, especially since I own quite a few modern Kawks. But, the thing was a turd. Slow as all heck. After riding a Valk, I was convinced I needed one as a happy medium.

I'll get my Valk delivered in two weeks, and picking the XS up next weekend.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

You are gonna love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6878.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	878077 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6963.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	878078 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7370.JPG