• Show
Clear All

• Very tempting

2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

I wouldn't blame you for whatever rationalizing it takes.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Expenditure approved!
      Knock off a couple of bucks and let them keep the brain bucket.
      I've got to talk to my insurance agent and see what a modern bike would cost me nowadays.
      1979 XS1100 Special
      1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
      1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
      1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by 2WheelFun View Post
        Expenditure approved!
        I've got to talk to my insurance agent and see what a modern bike would cost me nowadays.
        Sadly .... Yamaha has decided that 2020 was the last year for these bikes. Makes sense as they still sell the fjr1300's. Much better bike for comfort and touring. I just like the Vmax's and this particular one is located just 100 miles south of me. My brother is trying to convince me to to with one of the new HD Roadglide Specials. Love those bikes too.
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        Jim

Comment

cajun31 No worries Jim, you’re not the only one on on here with an affinity for American made bikes..... 18-FXLR, takes me back and forth to work just fine... The XS is like a fountain of youth time machine, takes me right back to high school, 1980s on two wheels. I did get a bit of flack (humorous) last fall when I took the XS to to the H-D dealer from the usual suspects hanging around outside..... I replied “Yeah, it’s definitely a bad day when I have to take my 40yo Yamaha to get parts for my 2yo Harley”

—-Bax

Attached Files
          80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
            cajun31 No worries Jim, you’re not the only one on on here with an affinity for American made bikes..... 18-FXLR, takes me back and forth to work just fine... The XS is like a fountain of youth time machine, takes me right back to high school, 1980s on two wheels. I did get a bit of flack (humorous) last fall when I took the XS to to the H-D dealer from the usual suspects hanging around outside..... I replied “Yeah, it’s definitely a bad day when I have to take my 40yo Yamaha to get parts for my 2yo Harley”

—-Bax
            What you have just described fits me. Of course as I have stated before I have owned my 80LG since new in Feb. of 80. I too own a Harley. Love both bikes. Have added the other two MNS to my collection because I simply love keeping these machines on the road. Eventually I will get too old to ride or tinker but hopefully that day is still quite a ways off. Just turned 64 at the beginning of the month and want to get a good cross country trip in before I get too old to trust myself to do so. Here is a picture of my 02 Nightrain.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by cajun31; 03-24-2021, 07:08 PM.
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            Jim

Comment

I think the v-max would be overlapping duties with the night train and the RG could open you up for longer distance travel.

​​​​​​Does your brother have a touring bike that he wants to do some traveling with you?
              1979 XS1100 Special
              1987 ZL1000 Eliminator

Comment

I think the v-max would be overlapping duties with the night train and the RG could open you up for longer distance travel.

​​​​​​Does your brother have a touring bike that he wants to do some traveling with you?
                Yes.... that is his RG that I just posted the picture of. I am leaning towards the RG too. The vmax would be a lot of fun but something that is extremely impractical at this point. Besides I have the 3 MNS's that give me the burst thrills.
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                Jim

Comment

Expenditure approved!
                  The two companies that I would recommend you check with are Progressive and Markel. If you own multiple bikes then Markel might be the better choice. They specialize in motorcycles so if you have a claim they know what to do to get you whole.
                  81 LH
                  02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                  Jim

Comment

I've got 2 on progressive now. Don't wreck insurance is $100/yr for both. I really should up my limits from state min and make sure it is full tort.

​​​​​​I Was really close to pulling the trigger on a 15 RG special but it was flat black and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on something that wasn't shiny. I probably should have bought it, it was a good deal.
                    1979 XS1100 Special
                    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator

Comment

I've got 2 on progressive now. Don't wreck insurance is $100/yr for both. I really should up my limits from state min and make sure it is full tort.

​​​​​​I Was really close to pulling the trigger on a 15 RG special but it was flat black and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on something that wasn't shiny. I probably should have bought it, it was a good deal.
                      I have 3 of my bikes with Progressive. I only went with them because they are paired with USAA. USAA doesn't cover bikes. I just do the state minimums on all my bikes.. Less then 200 a year for all three. Will be adding my second 80LG as soon as I get it road worthy. I am leaning towards the RG as well. Geezer bikes are much more comfortable for touring. This pandemic can't last forever and hopefully we can all get back to our normal lives.
                      81 LH
                      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                      Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X