2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

Theres one forsale locally..only 15k miles on it..Anyone here ride this..or know about them?...It may wind up in my stable...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Wow, that is a pretty bike! That is the best color, IMO.

I had a Bandit 1200S, strong bike and the 1250 is even stronger. In the words of Dale Walker from Holeshot Performamce who is THE expert on the Suzuki Bandits of all generations, “It has the best motor ever put in a Standard bike” he told me in conversation one time.

Lots of torque down low and in the mid range in stock form, right where you need it, with potential to add some simple mods and make it even stronger.

If I had not gotten a ZRX 1200 and modded it to the hilt, I would have a 1250S. It would be a no-brainer for me.

Here’s a link to what he did with his:

https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/12/1...-review-photos
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Thanks for that link Howard...The 1250S is Liquid cooled and fuel injected so that a big upgrade over the 1200S... A friend of mine in NY has a 1250S ..He went with Holeshot Performance mods and i recall that bike was one mean machine..and it sounded like some mad dog barking and growling with that exhaust... totally bitchin'.
      I did read that the bike has excellent low end grunt and makes it power down low...That makes for a very user friendly machine...
      Everything i read or hear from folks says i would like this bike...cant wait to go see it...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Welp..it followed me home...no longer am I bikeless
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Going to love that bike! That’s a great one to ride out here for the rally next summer...

What mods are done on the bike already? Looks like a tall windscreen for sure. Were the hard bags a factory option? How about the exhaust? Does it have a slip on?
          Last edited by Bonz; 11-25-2017, 06:43 PM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Yes bags were a factory option..also has sargeant seat..some aftermarket slip on...windscreen is not stock but i dont know what it is...compared to my 79 XS1100 and my previous heavy bikes..this one feels light as a feather..somewhere in the 500lb range...5 gal tank is good for 150 miles..so its not an LD machine although it could be ridden LD..I'm more interested in carving up the mtn roads we have here in the SE USA..some of the best motorcycle roads to be had anywhere...
            If i get to Colorado it would be trailer it there...I havent the patience to sit on long slabs on a bike thats not fun to me
            Last edited by madmax-im; 11-25-2017, 07:12 PM.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

correction..thats the stock seat..got confused with another bike ad..and the windscreen is VStream...I will have to add a Stebel 139dB air horn..the stock horn is more feeble than the horn on my old 1966 VW bug with its 6 volt battery..
              Last edited by madmax-im; 11-25-2017, 07:25 PM.
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Welp..it followed me home...no longer am I bikeless
                Good to hear that scoot followed you home........now ride it Ben, then ride it some more......maybe even to an XS11 rally.
                Last edited by motoman; 11-25-2017, 10:00 PM.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yep, awesome bike! If you weighted it, I bet with a full tank of gas and the hard bags it’s in the 550 lb range. The newer bikes feel more than just 50-60 lbs less than an XS. With weight reduction, my ZRX is down over 40 lbs from stock (to right at 500 lbs), and feels like a feather vs the SG.

Keep us posted on the ride reports!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Nice score! Fun bikes. Another member was asking about them.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

yes I have become interested in these lately, looks like a great all round bike! enjoy!
                      1979 XS1100SF 37000km
                      Green Dyna Coils
                      Stainless Brake Lines

1973 CB100
                      kevXS

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        Good to hear that scoot followed you home........now ride it Ben, then ride it some more......maybe even to an XS11 rally.
                        Aye sir that i will...maybe not TO a rally but AT an XS rally...
                        The bags come off faster than the ST1100s'...Looks damn fine without them..either way..
                        Last edited by madmax-im; 12-03-2017, 10:32 PM.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I see you got a new bike, nice one.
                          I know we will see both of you at the next rally (even if you don't know)

ride safe my friend
                          start saving for tires
                          80 xs1100G

Comment

What tires came on the bike? The front tread looks like a Pirelli Angel GT. If that is the case, you will not find a better set of tires. I ran a set of the Angel GT’s on my ZRX1200 and they are hands-down the best tires I have run for handling and confidence on a big, powerful Standard bike. ZRX1200 and Bandit use the same size tires F/R.

Mileage wise, I got 6000 from the rear before it took a nail, I patched it and ran another 500 miles before the plug wasn’t holding air consistently. Probably had another 1000 miles left at most, fwiw. Replaced the rear with a Shinko 005 Advance to run until the front Angel GT wears out. At around 8000 miles, Angel GT front has a bit of life left but will be replaced with the below tires come springtime. The center profile has flattened out considerably, turn-in feel is becoming an issue. I’m happy to run it through the winter on the short rides that I will take it on, but it’s ready to replace.

I am going to put a set of Dunlop RoadSmart III tires on next spring. They had a fantastic deal on them, and got fantastic early to reviews. Their main claim to fame is better treadwear, and also they claim to maintain top-notch grip throughout the life of the tire instead of tapering off as the tire gets older.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

You are correct Howard..they are Pirelli's..have not done much riding yet as it is winter now and i am still setting the bike up for my comfort..but the tires do feel very good...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X