2018 Yamaha Niken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    Because the laws allow lane sharing and splitting so while it is legal there are plenty of people who are taking advantage of the situation..Making it legal only gives further potential for abuse ..which it has...
    And protective laws or not..ignorance even in your state can get you killed..as you so well illustrated in your own experience...laws wont protect you when the azzhat is trying to kill you...
    No, the laws do not allow lane sharing, there are no laws about it at all. The default in America (or it used to be anyway) and in California is that things are legal until a law is passed that makes it illegal or regulates it. That was tried and failed here with the 15 MPH speed differential for motorcycles and would have been the first lane sharing law in the State.

I've been riding and dealing with 'hats for many years, there's nothing new there but I think you're conflating squids with millions of lawful riders that ride every day without breaking the law while the squids get all the attention and publicity. And while you're on a roll about banning things for other peoples' own good, it would make it a lot safer and protect everyone even more if we quit beating around the bush and just ban crime and criminals. I know I'd feel a lot safer and better protected.

What about clownboy? What about him? ADW, Vehicular assault, and attempted homicide are against the law in all 50 States and are very clearly defined, it's not something new or unique to California. For this particular clown, I just stopped accelerating, then applied the brakes and allowed him to go ahead toward the Suburban while I switched lanes behind him and continued on past him to the next light. I do kind of wish I had my GoPro with me but I didn't and don't particularly want or need protection from, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason."

The passing, merging, failure-to-yield == murder law was made because jerks liked to speed up out in the country, not in The Big City and would not allow anyone to pass them and merge. It was nothing but laughs a minute forcing people off the road or into oncoming traffic after having the audacity to try and pass. Motorcycles are kind of included under the umbrella because, like, we're vehicles too.
    Last edited by 3Phase; 10-30-2017, 08:55 PM.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
    X