1981 Honda Express 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well

I got it running, Still don't have whole throttle but getting closer. Now I need to deal with the charging system, I guess the guy told me it would blow out head lights. They are like 30 bucks on ebay so it wont take long to break me.

I watched a utube vid on the carbs and was told to set the air mix screw 2 turns out from light set. I got a service manual that says 1 turn out. That seemed to help got a little more work to do.

any one have any clues on the main thing that would control how much power comes out of the charging system.
    Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
    1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Comment

hmm

The booger is messing with me...... bought a new battery and the clip was wrong straighten that all out, and some how lost spark.

new battery, New CDI, New Regulator lost spark, everything is hooked up perfect I have checked and double checked, grounds clean crazy
      Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
      1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Comment

Cool little ride.Never saw one...Good luck with her..
        1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
        2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

My cousin had an Express II back then ... a fun little bike to scoot around on ...

Top speed was around 30 MPH, IIRC ...

I wish I could be of some help, Jeff ... but I'm not familiar with the charging system on the Express.
          Last edited by Prisoner6; 11-01-2015, 06:31 AM.
          Marco

Current bikes:
          1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
          1979 Honda CBX
          2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
          WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
          X