CB100 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevxs View Post
    just working away on my old honda again.

I got it running good after adjusting the cam 1 tooth on the timing chain.

I then put a few more covers and things on and tightened some bolts and now I have hardly any spark. I can get a bit of a spark sometimes but it's not like it was. I also notice when I hook up the battery it says 6volts but when i turn the key on it goes down to 2.3v or so.

My grounds and main fuse seem to be clean so just wondering how I should go about troubleshooting this issue.

thanks
    ....fairly easy one......replace battery with new one that is initially fully charged using a 1amp charger.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

found a bad ground coming off the stator, running good again!
      1979 XS1100SF 37000km
      Green Dyna Coils
      Stainless Brake Lines

1973 CB100
      kevXS

Comment

Glad you found the issue....with a little more visual inspection. Remember too, a bit more inspection of voltage loss AREA applies MOST of time to these ole' XS11's too, run/stop switch,etc..
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
        X