my rattlecan xs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rattlecan xs750

Here is the 1977 xs7502d that I have been working on. Finally got it running pretty good. Now to find some pod airfilters and some mufflers.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

looks good!
    1979 XS1100 Special. Nicely modified.
    1977 KZ1000 needs everything!
    1971 CB750 Nice Restomod Completed
    1972 CB750 Got it going after 30 years. Getting turned into a old school bobber. Working on a title.

SOLD-1981 XS1100H What got me on this site.
    1980ish virago 535. Room mate left it for rent money. lol.
    1980 XS850 almost stock 20k miles.
    1979 XS750 Parts bike no title.
    1979 XS750 Cafe running,someone else can enjoy it.
    RIP-1980 XS850

Comment

Here's one of my 750's:

https://db.tt/8J02hyHF
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

very nice ian. Where did you get the Yamaha emblem on your tank? I want the newer emblem in black. Also, I love the smaller black blinkers, that is what I need.
        Jeff

Comment

I rode mine up the road yesterday just about 1/2 mile and it seems not to have much power. Last year it ran pretty good. I guess having the mufflers off and no airbox would take away the power wouldn't it? It has stock jets. Also I noticed that when I set the idle, the bike was on the sidestand wich leans a lot. When I pick it up In riding position, the bike idles up some. The cable is not tight, it loose. If I lean it farther to the right, it will go up a little more. Anyone ever have that problem?
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
            Here is the 1977 xs7502d that I have been working on. Finally got it running pretty good. Now to find some pod airfilters and some mufflers.
            Hi Jeff,
            We've been installing MikesXS tapered oval carb filters, the ones that are stamped XS on the back. They seem to work OK.
            And have I got a deal for you!
            A pair of nice shiny cocktail shaker mufflers from my son's XS750 Special.
            The ones that put the L in LOUD.
            Make us an offer.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Looks awesome. Rattlecan is the only way to go. With the right prep, best bang for the buck. Just finished another color change on the 1100 for the insane cost of $30. Good job.
              81 H "Traumaha"
              06 KLR 650
              06 Katana 600 (Sold)
              05 Star 1100 (Sold)
              78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
              79 RD400 (Stolen)
              78 KE175
              Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

Working...
              X