Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, wayne, sorry...

There were test rides & bikes today... BMW palette of bikes
    Tried the R1150R on for size... scared the hell out of bout a half of our group (the importers ppl in the new mini cooper in front), two R1150GS, two R1150R, one R850C, one R1150RS, one K1100RS (or was it 1150, 1200?), one K1200LT, two F650CS...
    I just don't understand these ppl... why go 100 mph on a highway, when you could do 130 I nearly got blown off the bike... it came with that mini windshield, so the bugs won't stick to the rev counter/tach...
    Conclusion... lots of torque throughout the rev range, engine vibrates above 5000 rpm... but I guess it was just so f***ed up, being a test bike and all... probbably needed a valve/carb/sth job... I don't think this things has carbs... but it wasn't OK.
    Definetly NOT worth the money. Maybe a used one for half/price...
    I'd rather pick the R1150RS, but I didn't even notice it at the time...
    BTW: We lost the K1200LT as soon as we came onto the highway... don't know... but if I cannot ride the thing at least 120 when it counts I walk away... not that I ride 120 all the time.
    The jerks that usually go more are not the problem. The problem is the frustrated bunch that cannot and they can become quite dangerous (due to frustration, lack of skill and being a moron, not intentionally), and those are the drivers/riders I like to leave behind without a second thaught.

Conclusion... again... R1150RT, maybe RS, LT for those who don't like the goldwing since everybody has one.

BTW: Is it just me or is the 1800 GW ugly as hell... I liked the 1500 better... and the 1200 aspencade doesn't resemble a car that much...

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Check out the R11S... I loved my bike and plenty of women ride them. You can find them used from $7k to $13k depending on how new and what accessories you want. Not to mention the Boxer Cup is going on special rate soon anyway ....

Comment

In between those two is maybe, dress the XS,
        Well I took your advice Mike and bought a 78E full dress. Decided that the SWMBO work schedule would not allow us to ride much together so would save that purchase for a later date. I couldn't see spending that kind of money for a bike and not getting to use it much. I had planned on tearing down the SF this winter for new paint and polishing but guess I'll spend my time on the 78E and get it ready for spring. Hope to get the boat out of the garage this week and into winter storage so I can move the SF and have room to work on the 78E.

Thanks for all the input. I know I will be using all the info in the near future.
        Gary
        79sf
        78e

Comment

Working...
        X