On the Go Mechanic Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g15usmc View Post
    The idea of this company is to do just that... the idea is to have a great customer service by being more personable by going to them for all of their needs as well as keeping them from having to wait to get their bike up...as for price, my idea is basically to cut the cost of labor to offset the cost to go to them...which would mean by way of pricing they aren't paying anything more than going to a local shop to get their bike serviced or fixed, however they dont actually have to get their bike in to the shop to get it fixed or serviced...and by adding the convenience to the equal price i believe the company would actually increase customer service/satisfaction while cutting their wait time too...
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, or maybe you understood and I'm reading to much in...
    In michigan, if I wanted my oil changed, I could call up the dealer and say "Hey, I need my oil changed, can you pick up the bike, my address is xxxx" then they would come and pick up the bike, take it to the shop do the work, and then bring it back. When they drop it off they have one of those CC machines and they just swipe your card before they unload the bike.

If that same service is available in your area, you'd have to be nicer to deal with, and you'd have to have a better price.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
      Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, or maybe you understood and I'm reading to much in...
      In michigan, if I wanted my oil changed, I could call up the dealer and say "Hey, I need my oil changed, can you pick up the bike, my address is xxxx" then they would come and pick up the bike, take it to the shop do the work, and then bring it back. When they drop it off they have one of those CC machines and they just swipe your card before they unload the bike.

If that same service is available in your area, you'd have to be nicer to deal with, and you'd have to have a better price.
      Ah, ok... Do they charge for picking up and dropping off? Will they do the oil change on the spot?...on that side of things the servicing would be done on the spot, using a trailer, much not unlike MX Racing where they have the trailer and everything they need to tare down and rebuild their dirtbikes on the spot...the service would try to basically fix any issues on the spot and only take the bike back to the shop if it required more than a couple hrs worth of work...such as an engine or transmission rebuild...and the charge for pickup and drop off would be included with the labor...so if the local shop costs $80/hr for labor this company would charge $60/hr for labor and $20 for pick up and drop off...
      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Working...
      X