TW 200 Head light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW 200 Head light

My son has a 98 TW 200 and the head light is gone. Do I have to replace the whole light, or can I replace just the bulb? Thanks:Rick
    1980 XS 1100 replaced the seat and sissy bar from a XS 1100 standard and changed the handle bars. Did not like the original bars at all.No mod at all except for a four into one header.

It's probably an H4, you can look it up on the parts fiche....

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/p...and/parts.aspx
    Last edited by bikerphil; 10-03-2010, 08:40 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Hi Rick.

Originally posted by rickybeaver View Post
      My son has a 98 TW 200 and the head light is gone. Do I have to replace the whole light, or can I replace just the bulb? Thanks:Rick
      The bulb is the only thing you need replaced. It is a H-4, 12volt 35/35w.
      You should not put anything bigger/brighter as your charging system might not be enough.
      79 XS1100F.
      SuperTrapp 4-1 w/center stand.
      TC's fuse box.
      SOFA filter.
      Venture cam chain adjuster.
      Tkat fork brace.
      Progressive fork springs.

Comment

That baby is a perfect candidate for a 35 w. Bi-xenon HID kit, if you can find a place to stash the wiring. 3X the light of a H4, same power draw.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Found the bulbs

Hi,thanks for the info. Found the bulbs in a local auto parts store and are very inexpensive. Thanks:Rick
          1980 XS 1100 replaced the seat and sissy bar from a XS 1100 standard and changed the handle bars. Did not like the original bars at all.No mod at all except for a four into one header.

Comment

Working...
          X