84 FJ carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 FJ carbs

Finally got around to pulling the FJ carbs... again...

I have a couple of o-rings that are toast and am looking for replacements... the offending rings are found here in the circle...

I'm also probably in need of a couple of 37.5 pilot jets... since someone got a little frustrated when removing them...

Although... I'm looking at going to pod filters... Soooo... rather than invest in the 37.5s... any suggestions? or do the pilot jets stay the same and I need to concentrate on the mains?
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Addendum

so I'm on the phone with John and tell him about this post... to which he says... Well... I won't say it... but basically he tells me that the o-rings I'm looking for are the same as in the XS carbs...
    Sooooooo... now I know this much... but I'm still needing some...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

If it's any help, Kat, the yammie part# is:

8F2-14147-00-00 O-RING

Comment

Thanks Randy!

It's a start... all I could find on the Yamaha part finder was the complete assembly... and after checking out those prices... I can't see paying almost $50 just to replace a couple of o-rings... unless, of course... I mess those up too...

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

or, you could pick up an assortment of fuel injection replacement o-rings for a few bucks and play the odds?

Comment

John remembered a place not too far from here that might be able to help me out on these... I'll try there first and go from there...
            Thanks again for the part number, Randy!

I figure they're not too hard to find... just finding some that won't cost me an arm and a leg seems to be the hard part...

While we're here... got any good deals on pilot jets?
            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Pilot jets? Nope, wound up re-using my old ones AFTER a K&N fiasco! I'll let you have the bad ones free!

Comment

You should be able to go to your local (not a chain) auto parts house, and match up the orings from a metric oring assortment. The chain stores (Autozone, Oreilleys, etc) don't have oring assortments laying around. They have all their orings in plastic bags and the chances of getting someone who is paid $5 an hour to get off their duff long enough to help you look for one is slim.
                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Just make sure they're Viton or labeled as fuel resistant

Comment

forgot to say to that I usually get my jets (pilots included) from the speed shop down town. They have a box of them and usually have what I need. I think they are about $2 a piece. Might be worth a shot to call around at some local shops and see if they have them.

Comment

Thanks guys...

I appreciate the direction...
                      a lot of my problem with this is being so frikkin frustrated with this bike I want to watch it make pretty lights in the sky....

it's been one thing after another since it came home...

I know this is simple stuff... I'm just tired of even thinking about it...

Thanks again!
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                        I know this is simple stuff... I'm just tired of even thinking about it...
                        I have six kids, that after tonight I would trade you for the FJ.

Comment

We have three kids of our own that we just got to the point we're still wanting to keep them most of the time... maybe we can work out an occasional trade though...
                          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post

We have three kids of our own that we just got to the point we're still wanting to keep them most of the time... maybe we can work out an occasional trade though...

We have 4. The oldest is soon to turn 18.
                            Sheesh...... I just turned 18 (it seems).
                            What happened?

(note: I turn 50 next Bday)
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I dread that whole teen thing...

two of ours are getting ready to hit the teen years in a couple of months... We are afraid... very, VERY afraid!

they are the ONLY reason I grew up (sort of) as much as I have... and now they're taller than me (does this mean I can act younger than them too?)...

It just isn't fair!
                              lol
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X