Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"but I didn't put it on because I was going to need a new chain."

Hi GrandPrix,
    how come you'd need a new chain? From context I'd suppose you had considered fitting a rear sprocket that's smaller than stock? That needs a shorter chain, not a longer one. Follow the rule of tens. Ten minutes to grind off the linkpin heads, ten minutes to remove the sideplate with a hammer and cold chisel and ten dollars to buy a new master link.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Fred, everyone says the factory chain sucks, so i wasnt sure how well it'd hold shortening it (was riding to work everyday at the time). I want a good O or X ring chain anyways, so I decided to wait until the stocker stretched out on me and do everything at once.
      '07 Virago
      '80 XS11G
      '78 XS11E
      '97 Grand Prix GTP
      '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

Hyosung GV250- i read a bike report awhile ago about their sport bikes- very negative comments about it.I think i saw one of those a month ago.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Vento

this bike is a vento vthunder classic. they say the motor is the same as a virago 250.
          i have had mine for a year now and have no problems with it. got over 4000 miles on it and still going strong. there are always good ones and bad ones though. and most people dont write a review unless they tear up real quick.
          Romans 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

JESUS LOVES ALL OF YOU FOLKS

Comment

I'm talking about the Hyosung-They did a test awhile ago and it didn't get good reviews.I think that's when they first came out.I don't know about the other bikes though.Good luck with yours!
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            xschop K & N air filter setup
            Dynojet Recalibration kit
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
            X