No announcement yet.

My Bike can anyone guess what it is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bike can anyone guess what it is???

http://my.photodump.com/ibradshaw2001/0fec1ec141d5e1ad-T.jpg[/IMG][/url]http://my.photodump.com/ibradshaw2001/aae500c91eff4761-T.jpg[/IMG][/url]http://my.photodump.com/ibradshaw2001/bc414e8ff6f17d7f-T.jpg[/IMG][/url]http://my.photodump.com/ibradshaw2001/9b999911400b5327-T.jpg[/IMG][/url]

i hope this works
    Last edited by Ken Talbot; 10-19-2008, 02:09 PM. Reason: trying to reset as clickable thumbnails, no luck..
    Romans 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

JESUS LOVES ALL OF YOU FOLKS

pics are little

i tried this myself and i have to copy and paste it to get it to work. when i do this the picture is really little how can i fix this. and is there a better way.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Test for FirstXS1100

Regrettably, PHOTODUMP now SUCKS for posting photos, what you are seeing are THUMBNAILS, like above, but if you use the POST version of the text they provide, the thumbnail is an active link that will take the viewer to the photodump site/your folder to view the photo in full size!

I thought I editted the How To Post Photos thread in the How To Forum to inform folks to use PhotoBUCKET instead of Dump!
      T.C.

PS, that's a VICTORY Thunder Classic! Where's the XS11 ?
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

strike one topcat

i have had some people that said it was a victory but it aint. i'll give some hints from time to time so here's one. The fastest i have every had it was 73 mph.

i will try a bucket instead of using the dump

Where's the xs11. It was in the shop untill they said over 50 bucks for each carb and then 40 bucks for each carb kit. I told them i would come and get it. However they said the diaphram's were good though.

Comment

trying for pics again using a bucket instead of going to the dump!!!!

Comment

It looks like some Harley knock off maybe Indian or Chinese.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

close ol'geezer

getten close

Comment

Hyosung GV250
                http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Ok finally, it's a Keeway Dorado 250.
                  http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

good searching!!!! 2007 Vento VTHUNDER CLASSIC

It is actually a Vento Vthunder Classic 250 assembled right there in texas. It has a whopping 24 horsepower at cruises comfortably at 55 to 60 mph. It gets over 80 mpg all the time. yes i said 80 mpg. It came fully equipped with everything on it and it also included a set of hard plastic saddle bags with turn signals mounted in them. only problem was the hinges on the bag broke and fell off.

Comment

80 MPG isn't too bad. My Virago was getting close to that, then I swapped the 16 tooth front sprocket for a 17 tooth, and gas mileage went to 93. $6 every 2 weeks for gas is awesome.

The XS only gets 28 mpg That's okay though because it's fast as hell

EDIT: Why'd you only take it to 73 MPH? I've taken my Virago up to 90, didn't have much beyond that, though.
                      Last edited by GrandPrix46; 10-19-2008, 07:45 PM.
                      '07 Virago
                      '80 XS11G
                      '78 XS11E
                      '97 Grand Prix GTP
                      '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

Gave it all it had

Grandprix good question. I gave it all she had. I have heard that my bike has the same motor ar your virago, dont know much about it past that, but that was as fast as it would go. That was going down hill to. Some fellow told me awhile back that i could put a small sprocket on the back tire and it would cruise at around 75 easy but i am in hills and i dont think it could handle that high of gear. I would like to upgrade the motor to get more out of it. Considering it was only 3495 and i have had no problems out of it i think it does fine for what i intended for it to do.

Comment

I wonder what your bike weighs? My Virago is only a little over 300 lbs., maybe that's it. I bought a 38 tooth rear sprocket to go on with the 17 tooth front, but I didn't put it on because I was going to need a new chain. Wasn't going to replace the chain, the bike only had 300 miles on it.

Think i'll go 17/42 with sprockets and get a custom license plate "100 MPG", lol.
                          '07 Virago
                          '80 XS11G
                          '78 XS11E
                          '97 Grand Prix GTP
                          '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

bike weight

i think the bike weighs somewhere around 370 pounds give or take. i found one guy on the web that said he makes custom sprockets and he said that he has put a smaller sprocket on the tire and got a cruising speed of around 70 in 3rd gear. i thought that dont sound right so i asked him about 4th and 5th and he said you could use them but it wouldn't pull much. then i asked him about 1st gear and he said it was about the same as pulling out in 2cnd gear with the regular sprocket on it. the custom made sprocket was only about 70 bucks but i didn't want to wear the clutch out. i live in hilly country.

i would like though to upgrade the carb or maybe some type of cam and coil that kinda stuff
                            dont know how that would work. i already took the baffle out of the mufflers and that made a big difference. runs just as good without em though. sounds even louder which is good when i pull beside a bigger bike.

Comment

Wow, 70 in 3rd, that's pretty extreme. I'm usually in 5th around 40 mph, with my 17T sprocket. Nice not having an hills in my area, I hardly "felt" any difference swapping to the bigger front sprocket.

If you do in fact have a Virago motor in your bike, you should be able to use the same sprocket as me. Ordered mine from BikeBandit, cost me like $12 plus shipping. $70 for a sprocket is pretty steep, seeing as how it has to be replaced when you replace the chain.
                              '07 Virago
                              '80 XS11G
                              '78 XS11E
                              '97 Grand Prix GTP
                              '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

Working...
                              X