No announcement yet.

Which bike? Boulevard or Sportster ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my money I'd get a sportster but get the 1200. Fun, parts availability and resale value are great. 2004 and later will get you rubber mounted as well.

The complaints about having to wrench a particular brand all the time are nonsense and only speak to the lack of objectivity and/or real experience of some of the riders in here. I've now got HD, Yamaha, Suzuki and Polaris parked in my garage. They all had bad years and problems.

Bottom line: if you hate any brand of bike your not a biker you're a lemming and no better than the worst of the HD clowns.

Drive 'em all, ride what feels good to you and tell everyone else to p*ss off.

Comment

Amen Meatloaf

There is a big HD hate factor on this site. They are what they are just like any other bike. Personally I just like motorcycles, all of them. Better two than four. Any one that bad mouth's anyone particular brand, IMHO has got an insecurity problem.
      Even though I still like to blow the doors off of anything I can. I except the bike that I ride, knowing the limitations, and deal with it, no matter what brand. It is just like real life, Pro's and Con's.
      Peace Brothers, and keep the rubber side down
      If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

None of the above

About Harley: It's not the bikes, we like to dislike, it's the poser idiots riding them.

I have nothing against Harley, but they offer me nothing. They are heavy, slow, handle like crap and cost an arm and a leg for less. Some of them do get good fuel economy.

And I certainly don't wnat to be associated with THAT crowd...

I mean if I found one, running, for $500 I certainly wouldn't turn it down, as that's what I have paid for all of my bikes (or less) except for the Shadow.
        Last edited by Crazcnuk; 07-27-2008, 01:19 AM.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a 1200 Sportster for around town riding but they're a bit squirrelly on the freeway. I think the 900 Triumph is probably a better bike for the money and probably should be on the list.

HD has really gotten past the oil puddles and frequent break downs but for what they cost, you can buy 2 other bikes that are just as good.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

The FLHS that I had did one thing better than any other bike I have had. It was the least affected by tar snakes and the crack that is often in the middle of a divided highway. I think it is the frame geometry but I am not sure. I have nothing againest any motorcycle maker but I am sure glad that we are not still in the days of the British makes. They were not very good machines but nothing was very good back then. I think we can thank the Japanese for bringing out bikes that worked with very little fussing.
            http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

This is the "other bike discussion" isn't it?

Before I start on a tirade, I would like to know how many of you who are so fast to pass judgment have actually owned a Sportster?
              Not to beat my drum, but I had an old iron head XLCH (1977) for 17 years. I never had to replace or touch the clutch other than normal adjustment. I never had to do an upper end, thanks to the solid lifters. I did how ever had to do 3 transmission, 2 actually because I tried one myself and failed. And two bottom end's with the aluminum cages (on the crank bearings). Once I went back to the steel cages, no more problem's.
              I can't remember how many time I had to get parts for an FLH, helping out a brother stranded on the road. Not to mention the first time I did a bottom end I had the cases painted, and hand filed all of the oil passages on both cases. A little bit of hand filed on the heads, just getting rid of the casting leftovers. All in all, I pissed off a lot of other bike including almost all the "big Harely's, faster and more top end. Heck I thought I was gonna get killed one time coming back from a run from Mt. Hood and passed a bunch of Outsider's MC, then backed off, they passed my as a group, then I passed them again this time not letting off, laying on the tank with my feet on the back pegs. They never did catch me.
              Anyways you have to deal with what you got and make adjustments. Like I said before. Maybe next time I'll just post a poll, but am winded out now.
              Peace Brothers and Sisters. Keep the rubber side down.
              If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

Oh yeah,

S&S rods with the above

Comment

Working...
                X