Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Cb750 Dohc

&^%$&^@%$^$)$@%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the sadistic retarded f***er who came up with the design on these carbs!?!? Could they possibly attach one more frikkin air, fuel, or drain line to them? Two throttle cables tucked into insanely tight spots and a choke cable for good measure! One foot against the frame... intake boots shoved into the air box.. and pull like hell... I don't know if I'll ever get them back in!?!?

OK.. now that my rant is over with... does anyone know of a place that won't take an arm or leg for the diaphram for the accelerator pump for these carbs? I found one at cheapcycleparts.com for 54 bucks... a little steep. I'm sure they have some kind of forum for some kind of fix on these.. (Maybe?) I could infiltrate their ranks and subliminally suggest that Yamahas are far inferior.. and that anyone with an XS needs to get rid of it immediately. (Cheap... to me of course!) Maybe there's an aftermarket? I just need the actual diaphram itself... not the whole assembly.

Tod
    Last edited by trbig; 04-30-2007, 06:50 PM.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Hey Tod

Try here. It is a cb 750-900-1000 site. They may be able to help.
    http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums

Comment

Trb, are you sure those are accelerator pumps, my 79cb750 dohc had keihin CV carbs, don't remember accelerator pumps, they're usually on cable slides, maybe the 82 carb is different than the 79, there's pump-type diaphragms for closing /opening fuel circuits and air circuits on closed throttle, there's another type I've seen on dirtbikes, has another name that eludes me at the moment, similar to accelerator pumps.

Comment

Check with Succubus (member here). he has an older CB750 and seems to know his stuff on these old Hondas.

I don't think he could be near as vocal as you were concerning some enginnering short falls with the 750 Honda. If I read between the the lines, it sounds like you are not pleased with the carb boot/drain lines/vent lines/airbox/throttle cable setup.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

accelerator pump

Tod-
          I just saw this, and I hope it's not too late. I may have that diaphragm you're looking for. Let me know if you still need it, and I'll look for that box of parts in my garage.
          -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
          '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
          ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

See!! Sometimes procrastination works! YES I still need the diaphram. Hopefully you still have it. All I need is the diaphram with the rod through the middle, but all anyone will sell is the whole flippin assembly! (And they are D#@M proud of them!)

Thank you!

Tod

P.S. Webbcraft... surprised you hit on that as subtle as I tried to be on it.. but yes, I'm not really very happy about it. My buddy FINALLY got me a book on it TODAY and maybe part of the problem was ME. Silly me thought the carbs should go out the left side like ours.. WRONG!!

And PGGG, there actually is an accelerator pump on carb #2 if you look at a diagram for a CB750C DOHC. There is also a pump diaphram for the fuel/air cutoff on the sides... so you were 50% right anyway!

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

I'll start rummaging. I just moved, so it may take me a bit to sort through everything. I'll let you know as soon as I can whether or not I kept it. I'm a semi-packrat; hardly ever throw anything away, so chances are looking good. It's just a matter of "Now, just where did I put that?"

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Thank you. Try looking in the last place you'd look first! lol. Just let me know.

Tod

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

tod,

is this the part you're looking for?

CARB PUMP DIAPHRAGM

Partsnmore.com has it for $16.00 :

Fits: CB750C (80-83) Custom, CB750F (79-82) SuperSport, CB750K (79-82) CB750L (1979) LTD, CB750SC (82-83) Nighthawk, CB900C (80-82) Custom.

Comment

Theres also www.hondachopper.com

Guys over there are pretty cool.
                    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                    79 special (skull bike)
                    79 special (parts bike w/title)
                    79 special
                    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                    81 650 maxim
                    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                    01 Gz 250

Comment

Randy,

That looks like the one. I looked there a while back, but I thought the description was below the bike, not above, and was looking at the wrong bike... DUH.. lol. Thank you.

That's a lot cheaper than what I was quoted. If Erik can't find his, then I'll have to come up with something else to make $35.

Thanks again everyone.

Tod

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

Tod, you can spend less than $35, but you'll have to pay shipping. The $35 minimum is to ship free

Comment

I think they changed that. They charge $3 to ship now and there is a $35 minimum.... last time I tried anyway.

Tod

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

D'oh!

Tod,
                            Sorry man, I wasn't able to locate it. I just moved, and I think all my bike stuff is consolidated, so maybe I did toss it. I don't know why I would do that. It'll probably fall out of a box when I'm looking for the Mother's polish or something. I wish I could help.

But on the upside, if you need any pieces off the engine itself, I know exactly where my spare 750 K engine is. Sort of hard to lose that in the shuffle; I step over it every time I need to get to the oil/brake cleaner/everything else in a can shelves. Cams are galled, but other than that, should be good. Also know where the misc. pieces box is for the Honda. So should you need something else, I may have it.

-Erik

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

From Parts n More FAQ

"How We Ship to the U.S.A.

Thanks for your interest in PartsNMore. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your request.

Due to the recent increase in shipping costs, as of March 1st 2007 we will be charging a flat rate shipping charge of $3.00US.
                              We have a $35.00USD minimum order. We do not take orders less than $35.00USD.

To the lower 48 states, we ship on Tuesday and Friday morning from Ontario Canada. Orders received from Monday 9am eastern time to Thursday 9am eastern time will usually ship on that Friday. Orders received after 9am Thursday until Monday at 9am will usually ship on that Tuesday. Due to weekend volume some orders may not get out until the Friday. We do our best to insure the earliest possible ship time on all our orders.

Your order will arrive in 3 - 5 business days after shipping. For tracking information please e-mail tracking@partsnmore.net

USA Next Day Shipping Notice:
                              Next day shipping orders will be sent out the same day if the order is submitted before 10:00am (EST).
                              Otherwise the order will be shipped the following day."
                              Pat Kelly
                              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                              X