Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uptight "citizen" ruins it for us Texans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car clubs, boat clubs and even jet ski clubs have poker runs.
    Here in Colorado snowmobile clubs sponsor poker runs. You ride the trail, stop at various points where the club has a tent or canopy set up, get your hand(s) and move on...

Don't know if charitable groups have an excemption here, but Poker Runs are held almost year round for some good cause. Couple are sponsored by a HD dealership in Grand Junction (about 65 miles from me) and are well organized, well attended events. Until a year or so ago the local police donated time for traffic control amd such; that has changed and organizers how have to pay for those services, but it doesn't seem to have slowed down the runs much. The runs are always publicized on local TV; no one has complained yet.

You Texans have always beem a bit different, of course. Hope you can find a way around this complaint, as not only do Poker Runs raise money for a good cause, they are a lot of fun.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

now on the other fence

wonder if there minds would change if they're loved one suffered from cancer or other aliment that a poker run would help to find a cure? Or ease they're financial burden ?
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Re: now on the other fence

Originally posted by chevy45412001
        wonder if there minds would change if they're loved one suffered from cancer or other aliment that a poker run would help to find a cure? Or ease they're financial burden ?
        EXACTLY!
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Yeah, well, so the AG made a ruling. (shrugs).

We'll just keep doing what we're doing. He can go suck a leaf.

I will send him a nasty-gram though (actually a professionally worded WTF?)

Basically, they just want their "piece of the action".

Give 'em an inch...yada yada...
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Kinda sucks. next thing you know, It'll be illegal to fart because you'll be wasting a natural resource.
            S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
            1-big XS patch
            1-small XS/XJ patch
            1-XS/XJ owners pin.
            1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
            2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
            1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
            1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

That is so hard for me to comprehend. I live 5 min from Louisville KY. Here we have a horse race that is like a statewide holiday. Most kids are even out of school 2 days prior to the derby!!! Talk about your gambeling!! I just do not understand why some *******s can't just leave things alone. I wonder if they were hurt by poker runs as a child???
              Travis Miller
              1978 E

Comment

Parr8hed
                That is so hard for me to comprehend.
                Career Government/Politicians live in there own world, generally disconnected from the real world. They receive (not earn) enough money (and excellent retirement) that day to day concerns like paying the rent or fixing the car never enters there minds.

To justify there existence they come up with all kinds of S@#$.
                Doesn't effect them and if it gets good press they at least get an atAboy from there "colleges" and can "earn political capital"

In the city they now have "Building Codes" for dog houses.
                Also just passed a law that can make any tree (even in your back yard) "protected" and you need to get a permit to trim/cut or remove.

mro

Comment

Working...
                X