Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uptight "citizen" ruins it for us Texans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uptight "citizen" ruins it for us Texans!

Some uptight loudmouth (prolly a cager) just had to screw up our poker runs in Texas.
    I'd like to get hold of the whiny SOB who complained.

Texas Poker Runs ruled Illegal Gambling
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Should be easy to get around this, Wayne. Hand out Monopoly Money that can be "traded in" at a later date?

Comment

law

sure glad to see the police have no respect for the law.makes me want to run right on down and sell drugs or commit murder.
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Re: law

Originally posted by chevy45412001
        sure glad to see the police have no respect for the law.makes me want to run right on down and sell drugs or commit murder.
        ...what!?

Comment

police

if the police are LOOKING for ways around the lLAW makes sence to go to that place to break the LAW now doesn't it? The biker club being shut down as i read it was or is former and current police officers?Not that i break the law...Was just stating a scnerio or possible trend.Not very often that you read the State say it is against the law and the police come back with well we'll get around it???????????? just an observation.
          1982 XJ 1100

Comment

my bad

sorry i miss read the police just false advertised they were not the ones that said we'll get around it that was another m.c. leader.Ok forget all the above placing foot alonside molars now.
            1982 XJ 1100

Comment

That really sucks. Someone always finds something to complain about and screw it up for everyone. I suppose this gonna kill the poker runs on Lake Travis also.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Have the poker run where it ends up crossing the state line somewhere and give the prizes away there!?? No one has come up with a stupid reason to pass that kind of law here yet. (((YET))) We have our differences, but this Okie would be proud to have a Texan in Oklahoma for a good cause!! : )

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I hope that is a hoax. Is it me, or do all the truly ignorant bast**ds do well in government?

I hope their supreme court gets to rule on this correctly, otherwise other stupid states might follow suit.
                  Marty in NW PA
                  Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                  Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                  This IS my happy face.

Comment

This doesn't just affect motorcycle poker runs. Car clubs, boat clubs and even jet ski clubs have poker runs. Dunno what'd happen here in California if someone complained, all these churches and senior centers have bingo games and they haven't been shut down even though some killjoys have complained about them.

The local police motorcycle club here has put on some poker runs, kind of fun to ride in since they don't worry at all about speed limits, loud pipes, bikes with no turn signals or any of the other legal nicities. I never saw so many obviously non-compliant helmets and non-compliant motorcycles as in that club. Must be nice to be "above" the law.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Just heard from someone in Iowa on another forum. He said the same thing happend there a few years ago. The now call them "Fun Runs" and hand out little chips or such with numbers on them. Who ever had the highest score wins. They hide it behind trophys, prizes etc. but still get away with giving out cash "prizes". He figures by not calling it a poker run (which seems to give the impression of gambling), outsiders dont know what it is and never pay attention to it.

Comment

Uptight "citizen" ruins it for us Texans!

Its full time government officials, (politicians/bureaucrats) who write the laws. Laws don't have to be fair, or have common sense. Note that politicians/bureaucrats pick and choose what laws to enforce. Also note that government isn't getting their piece of the action. If they did it would be legal, but not honorable.

Could be worse, you could live in California

mro

Comment

If it was in California the run would still be on, legal or not. Nobody's going to tell the Lions or Shriners or even the HAMC that they can't hold a charity poker run, especially the mealy-mouthed politicians.
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Get BIGGER AND BETTER

The motorcycle club here changer to a prade run led by local fire dept truck . We put up donation only Juges at singh up tables the Fire truck led the prade we did not stop for anything 230 bikes razed over 4000$ in 8hrs

Gov Dose not stop Bikers

XSively
                            Bruce
                            Bruce Gerken
                            '79 XS1100SF
                            "The Black"
                            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                            The Red Sled.
                            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Poker runs are illegal here in Pa. also. Many organizations have dice runs instead. Still iellegal, but doesn't sound so much like gambeling. Of course any non profit organization can obtain a small games of chance liscence and then their run would be legal.
                              Highlander

Comment

Working...
                              X