Any of you guys collect guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWSanders

I bitch alot about the bay area but its home.
    Few places in the world that can rival our weather, and few places are as "diverse" (beginning to hate that word)

A lot of great places to go locally and the night life, well you can find just about anything here.

mro

Comment

Yeah Wes the weather and the setting of the Bay Area is hard to beat. Hardly ever freezes, hardly ever gets hot. Enjoy the redwoods!
      Shiny side up,
      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Finally back home. It sure is nice out there, but I'm very glad to be home.

The redwoods were beautiful. It's amazing to see a tree that was around before even Christ himself was. The Golden Gate is pretty impressive too, as well as the Bay Bridge.

Damn shame of it all was that I lost my camera somewhere in the Oakland airport. Lost all my pics of the trees and the drive there, not to mention it was a friends camera. Now I've gotta spend a small fortune to replace it....makes me sick.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

JWSanders

No place like home
          Where ever it is

mro

Comment

Sorry to hear about the camera JW, hate when that happens. Glad you're home safe.

You see what I mean about those trees, they were not only alive when Christ walked the Earth, they were old! Kinda humbling, ain't it?
            Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Yeah, the whole forest, despite the trails, seemed really primal.

I can only imagine what it was like before we came along and wiped it all out. I hope to go back some day when I can spend more than just an hour there. I'd really enjoy hiking the trails I saw popping into the roadways here and there. Diablo mountain had a lot of nice trails, too.

I imagine I'd be scared to death riding the motorcycle up roads like that. I saw several people on beemers zipping up the mountain like it was nothing. Guess you get used to it. No room for mistakes at all...one slip and its many hundred feet to the bottom! Would love to try someday.
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

OT: About Nor Cal, not guns.

If you drive north on US 101 up into Humboldt County there's a place called the Avenue of the Giants. You can ride through the redwoods for hours and stop and take short hikes to the river. Really awesome stuff.

That drive through tree is alive! I captured these pics from www.pashnit.com Check out that site to see some real California motorcycling.

And one of my favorite signs...

As they say in the South, "Y'all come back now, heah?"
                Shiny side up,
                650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                X