No announcement yet.

Any of you guys collect guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of the older Springfield Armory combat 1911's and I'm slowly fixing it up to be more or less like the one in that picture. I'm going to stay with the combat sights until I can afford tritium night sights...

Anyway I've had it more than a dozen years and put a few thousand rounds through it. Other than a little finish ware, it's still like new.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Wes;
      If you come out to the San Francisco area, look me up. I work in San Jose, probably the place you are headed for. If it's not raining, I ride to work every day. If you have a little evening time, we could take my GC out to an indoor range.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58
        I have more than I need and less than I want. This is the latest. I'm picking it up Friday.
        http://www.springfield-armory.com/im...9152LLarge.jpg

Black stainless, go figure...
        That's purdy!
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

That reminds me of Miami, Mike. Was living there as a kid when the boat lift hit. Less than a year later it was the biggest cesspool in Florida. Makes me sad to think about it.

Grizz, I doubt you'll ever see a civilian model of a P90. The overall length will never get past federal limits. It's only just over 19 inches long. They'd have to stick a barell out 8 inches in front of it, or add some sort of ridiculous stock. Kinda defeats the purpose of a bullpup to begin with.

Nice Dp, Springfield makes a fine pistol, for sure. I'd have probably gotten a 1911 this year if the XS11 hadnt taken most of my free money. There's always next year!

Diver, I'm still not sure where in Cali im going to be. I've been told Oakland, and SF. Need to wait till I get my itinerary. But if I am, I just may do that!! I know I'll be in classes all day, but my evenings should be free. I think I would derive much pleasure from being able to shoot in California
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I just got this in an E-mail. Thought it was somehow appropriate

Why guns are better than wives

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for when
            you're on the road.

#8. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will
            probably let you try it out a few times.

#7. Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another
            gun for a backup.

#6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5. A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4. Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3. A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2. A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a gun is favored over a woman....

#1. YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN.

80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

xd

i would like to see the 45 gap as well. none of our local gunshops carry it yet. i have been very pleased with my xd. i have a smartcarry holster (www.smartcarry.com) and its a perfect match. i have no problem riding with it. my best friend growing up is a policeman by trade down south. he was a exclusive glock man. i told him about my springfield. interested he borrowed a fellow oficers to try at the range. he liked it so well he got the 5inch tatical model and has his glocks for sale. he said he can qualify higher with the xd than he ever could with the glock40. i now have my sights on the government model full size springfield 1911. the only drawback i see is the 1911 to the gun world is like a harley to the motorcycle world. its chick and hip and everybodys gotta have one to be cool.

Comment

Not that I would ever admit to ownership, I have enjoyed the company of a wonderful Winchester 94 (3 of em in fact), a Remington Assault 12 gauge, Ruger 10/22 (fun) and a Sears 410 dating back to 1947.

As a career Sailor, I once took SWMBO shopping for a little home protection. She was very interested in a Beretta 9, problem was we lived in a trailer at the time. I picked up the Remington and racked it and asked what that sound said. Her Answer: "Wrong House". She loves it and still likes to shoot it, 23 years later.
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

K4, I really like that holster! Looks really comfortable compared to what I'm using. Not a bad price, too.
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Comment

most people think its crazy when they see it. after all the thought of having a loaded weapon hanging in front of your johnny is a little dis-nerving. being 6 ft 290 wearing a standard inside the belt ccw holster is not an option. they want to roll out. i can wear the smart carry and its almost undetectable. with the xd you can see just the edge of the butt under my belt buckle. plus it helps kep your pants up. mine is set up left handed with an extra clip pocket.

Comment

For my wife's anniversary. The overpriced Lady Smith.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

cant really say that they are collectors pieces b/c they are relatively new, but....

Brand new, hardly a month old Benelli Nova 12ga 3.5" Synthetic, fully camo'ed

Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag 12ga 3.5" Synthetic fully camo'ed

Savage semi auto clip feed .22

Savage bolt action clip feed .22

Howa .270 w/ a Simmons 2.5-10x50 scope, this is by far my favorite gun, custom built perfect to fit me, feels like a dream every time it goes off.

Mossberg Maverick 12ga 3" Synthetic black, my "home defense" gun

Crossman pump air rifle as well as a crossman pump pistol
                        Bauer
                        1980 XS 1100 SG (The 3rd Degree) - The Cafe' Racer
                        Image Photos @ http://photobucket.com/albums/f230/BauersXS11/
                        1980 XS1100 G (The Trouble Maker)
                        Fully stock and still goin at 65k miles

Comment

I also have a TN personal carry permit, and I am also an armed security gaurd.

Ruger p95 DA 9mm

SKS 7.62x39, (on one side is stamped WTC - under that-B'Ham AL.,
                          other side-chinese charaters, and 0138 & 7508925)
                          looks pretty old, but not sure of the history, was given to me by a friend, it shoots really straight-iron adj. sights.

Marlin 22 rim fire, 14(i think) shot rifle (short version)

Coast to Coast Stores- 222, REM. (may be a Savage not sure)
                          fully restored, by my bro-in-law- a machinest. W/ Weaver mount and maybe a weaver scope prob. 4x-pretty old as well.
                          '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Alpine .308
                            Brno .270
                            Mannlicher .243
                            Husqvarna 6.5 Swedish (M38 military)
                            Carl Gustav 6.5 Swedish (modified for hunting)
                            Couple of .22's
                            Couple of old .303's

Commonest calibres in NZ are 303's, 308's, 270's. My favourite's the 6.5mm, reasonable kick, flat shooting, super accurate, hits hard. Perfect for deer. For big Red stags, 270's, 308's and 30-06's are the go.

Comment

Just heard on the news that San Francisco Supervisors have enacted yet another handgun ban. Being challenged in court by the NRA. Last time they did this the courts struck it down since it's contrary to state law which overrides local ordinances. I expect this will happen again. People there need their guns.

When I lived in SF I was mostly in semi-ghetto neighborhoods and kept a 1911A1 for home defense, carried a sheath knife (still legal TTL) and/or a walking stick when on the streets. Bad guys don't mess if you look like you're not an easy mark! Anybody remember the Zebra killings? During that time I carried a 5-shot .38 S&W tucked in my waistband when I went out. I never had any trouble, it helps if you get to know your neighbors though.

As a cab driver I kept my Taurus 9mm with 15 round clip under the seat. Thankfully I never needed it. If 16 rounds aren't enough you know you're in a real gunfight! I had a spare clip though.
                              Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Yeah Mike, I had read about that in the NRA magazine I get every month. So the referendum passed, eh? Fools.

If what I'm reading is true, there's only one retail firearms store in all of SF. I find that really humorous. Do they think this is where all the guns are coming from? Jeez, it makes me laugh to think of the sheer stupidity of it all. Have they learned nothing from DC? Apparently not....

Since I'm on the subject of California, looks like I'll be flying into Oakland, my classes and Hotel are in Danville. Going to start printing me up a bunch of maps to take with me. There are several things I want to see while there. Will be my first time to CA. Gotta drive across the Golden Gate at least once. Would like to see Alcatraz and ride a cable car at least once, too. Really want to visit Chinatown, as well. Probably pretty boring for the locals, but I'd like to at least do a few of the things the area is famous for. My biggest limitation is that I'll be in classes 8 or so hours during the day. Any other suggestions? How cold should I expect it to be, too?

Getting a little excited about it now that it is about to come down. It's all been pretty short notice. Have had the Zeppelin song "Going to California" in my head all day I rarely get to travel (part of the reason I got a motorcycle) so I'm looking forward to it.
                                80 XS1100SG
                                81 XS400SH

Comment

Working...
                                X