Any of you guys collect guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys collect guns?

I have been collecting guns for that last few years. Was just wondering if anyone else here does as well. So far I have:

Mossberg 500A Shotgun (12 GA)
    M1 Garand (30-06)
    Rock River AR-15 (.223)
    Romanian AK-47 (7.62X39)
    Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS (7.62X39)
    Romainian M44 Mosin-Nagant (7.62X54)
    Ruger 10/22 (.22)
    Scmidt Rubin K31 (7.5 Swiss)
    Hi-Point Carbine (9mm) <---Fun, cheap little rifle
    Beretta 92F Pistol (9mm)
    Beretta Tomcat (.32) Carry pistol
    Beretta Neos Target Pistol (.22)
    Bryco "Jennings nine" (9mm) <----NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE, total POS'S

Since I live in the country, I get to shoot quite often. Built a small range in my backyard, even. Nothing behind me but a few hundred acres of woods and some unused farmland. Need to rebuild it, as I have shot it all up I enjoy it immensly. Just like motorcycles, it can get expensive. On an average year I can go through several thousand rounds. Even with a double layer of railroad ties and 2 three inch think layers of heavy rubber in front I still ended up demolishing my backstop in only 2 years. Didn't get to shoot as much this summer as usual, due to working on the bike so much, but I hope to catch up some this winter.

I rarely hunt though...never developed a taste for deer. Rabbits, however, are a different story entirely...mmmmmm. Every now and then I'll try to scare up a couple and fire up the grill.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

I don't really collect them as a hobby, but I do manage to acquire quite a few as time goes by. Without getting too specific, I have 7 rifles, 5 shotguns, and 3 pistols. Plus a recurve bow, compound bow, and crossbow.

What can I say, I like to shoot.
    ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
    '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Cool, I've got a Reflex compound bow, but never use it. Found it on the side of the road one night!! Complete with a good balancer and fiber optic sights. Damn thing is accurate, too. The draw is pretty stout at 65 lbs at the lightest.

I feel for the guy who lost it. Pulled up to a stop sign and there it was, laying on the ground. Out in the middle of nowhere, too.
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

I don't collect them either really. Once in a while some unusual gun will cross my path cheap and I just have to buy it.

My 2 favorite weird guns are the Type 99 Arisaka and the K31 Schmidt-Reuben. I have 3 reloading presses and load my own ammo. I have to make cases for the Arisaka from other rifle cases but it’s a labor of love.

I have around 17 long guns and 3 handguns. I have a lot more of each if the last recession hadn’t happened. I also collect guns designed by John Browning if I had more cash flow.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I'd love to have a BAR, myself.

My K31 is one accurate beastie, as well. Works like a swiss watch, smooth lke butter. Straight pull bolt is a real novelty. Don't shoot it much though, all I have are the steel tipped target rounds. Have you been able to get bullets to reload for it?

I've always wanted to reload, but the guns I shoot the most (7.62X39) are the most expensive to reload. Getting reloadable cases in any real quantity is pricey. I can get Wolf brand ammo for around $90/1000. It's hard to argue with that price when I go through a few hundred a session. Non-reloadable steel cases, sadly. They also make .223 pretty cheap too. It's all Mil-spec, polymer coated cases that are sealed against moisture. Great ammo for the price, if just a tad dirty. I enjoy cleaning my guns anyway

It's usually muddy in my range area, so not having to save the cases is kinda handy too. (There's a LOT of empty cases back there the gound has swallowed ) I really should reload 9mm, I use it alot too. Maybe one of these days I'll invest in a good Lee or Dillon press.
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Comment

The cool thing about the 7.5 Swiss is all of them made after 1911 take .308" diameter bullets and they're common as dirt.

I load for my .223 but it's not a milspec rifle and I get better accuracy with hand loads.

I started loading with one of those awful Lee Loader kits. Shortly there after I moved up to a very old used RCBS rockchucker. I used that for years before I bought a Dillon RL550b. The Dillon was worth the money but the learning curve was a little steep at first. I ended up pulling down several hundred .45ACP rounds because I couldn't be sure I hadn't double charged a few.

I made a reloading stand from an old kitchen table that had one center post to support the top. I tossed the top and laminated up a smaller top to hold the rockchucker press on one side and the Dillon on the other. I've been thinking about bolting up one of my shotgun shell loaders too but shotgun rounds have been to cheap to reload lately.

Geezer

Comment

Used to have a few many years ago, I like the old ones. Had a couple of sheepherder guns, both Model 94 Winchester octagon barrelled 25-35s, one was a carbine and the other a rifle. Those were used by Basque sheepherders in Nevada for killing dogs and coyotes. Also had a .45 Colt single action, a Colt 32-20 Police Positive, a Winchester Model 92 32-20 saddle ring carbine and a 1911A1 Colt Auto. Only gun I have now is a Taurus 9mm double-action auto.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

ccw

springfield xd-9 subcompact 9mm for everyday ccw

charter 38 of duty special in the nightstand

1 10rd clip for a taurus pt-111 for sale 10 bucks + freight

Comment

Nice. I've been looking real hard at the Springfield pistols. I really like their XD in .45 GAP.

I've been curious how many people carry when they ride. I know I will be. I have a TN permit but it's reciprocal with several states. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems to me on a long trip away from home it's all the protection you'll have.
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Comment

Just colt,s
                    I have a colt tropper mkIII 357Mag A Delta 10MMand a gold cup45apc

XSivly
                    Bruce
                    Bruce Gerken
                    '79 XS1100SF
                    "The Black"
                    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                    The Red Sled.
                    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Springfield makes a good gun but I think .45 gap is a joke. It takes a shorter case and load it to higher pressure. Also I don't think the slightly shorter grip will make pistol any more comfortable to shoot but it will make custom grip panels harder to come by. I have Hogue grips on my 1911 but they wouldn’t on the XD and neither would grips made for other 1911’s.

I don't have a carry permit (expired years ago and I never got around to renewing it.) When I did carry, I used a belt pack holster and wore it to the left over my left hip pocket. It was also great for keeping my keys, wallet and stuff together.

Geezer

Originally posted by JWSanders
                      Nice. I've been looking real hard at the Springfield pistols. I really like their XD in .45 GAP.

Comment

I like my XD-9

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Paranoia rears it's ugly head

As a retired infantryman... I will not admit to owning guns.
                          I would also not list what I owned, if in fact, I did own any.
                          Nor would I state that a Washington concealed weapons permit is accepted in many other states, though Washington does not have a reciprocity agreement with other states; that is, if in fact, I was issued one.
                          Draw your own conclusions if you must, but I admit to nothing.
                          In this age of Big Brotherism, Patriot Acts, and librarianians forced to keep track of what I read, I reserve the right to keep personal details of how I protect myself and my family just that... personal.
                          Others may be wise to follow suit... but that's just my opinion, and I won't admit to having one of those, either.
                          Before you laugh too hard, do a search of "New Orleans Gun Confiscation and see what turns up.
                          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

A Friendly Reminder.

Dear Mr. Winterhawk,
                            Our records don't show you as owning an XD-9.
                            When posting photos of weapons that haven't been registered and that we don't know that you have, Missouri State law requires that they be photographed, in high resolution, so that the serial number can be plainly seen. A registration form will be sent to you at your home of record. We thank you for your compliance.
                            Your Friend and Mine,
                            The Honorable,
                            I. B. Watchin'
                            Missouri Board of Citizen Compliance.
                            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Hey J.W.

Pm me sometime and we'll go destroy some more of your railroad ties with "rocks" Yeah thats the ticket rocks,
                              '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Working...
                              X