No announcement yet.

750 miles past hitting the wear bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deebs, in your 1-14 post you show a car tire for your sidecar. It appears to be a 5.oo/5.25-16. What brand is it, is it tube type or tubeless, where did you purchase it,
    how much clearance is there with the swingarm ?
    fly

Comment

This is the tire I am running now. I have not had any clearance issues in 7,000 miles. It uses a 16 inch tube.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185778598015

Click image for larger version

Name:	tire.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	877356

Comment

I might run this one in the future as it might be better quality and I might get some more mileage out of it. Pricey. Both these tires are for the antique car market. Note: I am running a Special rear 16" rim on my Standard along with the spacers and bracket that is needed to do so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181684428655

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (13).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	877361 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l960 (9).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	877362 Click image for larger version

Name:	tread.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	877363

Last edited by DEEBS11; 01-19-2024, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
          Note: I am running a Special rear 16" rim on my Standard along with the spacers and bracket that is needed to do so.
          That's another mod I've yet to try. The biggest issue I face is not having an address to send shipments to on eBay purchases. There's a motorcycle scrap yard about an hour north of where I am now and they have what I need but the rim has been painted, horribly, with some kind of black spray paint.

Another project yet to happen is trying to see if an 82 XJ1100 ignition will work on my bike, don't see any reason why it won't. Already have the rotor, pickup plate and TCI or whatever the proper term is. Still need to get the vacuum advance sensor and set of 3 ohm coils, I'll probably just grab some Goldwing coils for that and I'll be able to put new spark plug wires on too.

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Deebs
            Thank you much.
            fly

Comment

Working...
            X