1/2" impact wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" impact wrench

It's time to buy a 1/2" impact wrench. Just for home use a half a dozen times a year at the most. I don't need the best one on the planet but something that will take off lug nuts with out a problem. I know some claim to have 1300 ft/lbs. of toque. I don't need a broken wrist. This one claims 350 ft/lb of working torque. I know that's enough torque for what I need but do you think it actually has that much torque? Suggestions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14078714117...53.m1438.l2649
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

I'm sure that one would do the job. For as light of use as you describe, check your favorite classifieds and find a lightly used one for less than half that price from a hobbyist.
    1979 XS1100 Special
    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Try this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...nch-59185.html Yes, I know it says 800lbft, but the lighter one will NOT always do the job! I had their $50 one, and it has problems with stubborn bolts so I replaced it with one of these. Works well when I need it, and didn't break the bank.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Your compressor has to produce adequate cfm's to run whatever tool you decide to purchase.
        I just picked up a barely used vintage B&D industrial 3/4" drive electric impact to remove the lug nuts on my dump truck which are torqued to 450 ft. lbs
        I have an I.R. similar to the one in your link but my compressor isn't adequate to remove more than one lug nut then I have to wait for it to recover.
        The impact is plenty strong enough though for anything on passenger cars or light trucks.
        Last edited by Schming; 03-15-2022, 04:05 PM.
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I do have an earthquake and it has worked for me for the past year or so but I got it on a coupon day. I would go the I.R. over the Earthquake at the same price point and would still go used if a decent one was available.
          1979 XS1100 Special
          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

I've been happy with this one, running it from a small compressor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UR...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the compact size; I assume that'll come in handy some day?
            80 SG Canada

Comment

I thought about the compact and plastic handle not getting so cold in cold weather (I would be in my pole barn) but it has a little less power so I going with my original choice. Thanks for all the input.
              79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
              79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Working...
              X