choke levers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke levers

What ever happened with the choke levers? Was that just a wet dream or are they in the wind? I need two when / if they come in.
    Dan
    Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
    81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Dan,
      Last I heard, the tooling cost suddenly went through the roof. I don't know where they are now, but I think CruisingRam is trying to find a replacement that is not out of line. At $75.00 each, he can't sell many, but if he can find a way to build them and sell them for about $35.00 each, he will.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thanks Ray,
        TC's hinge idea looks better everyday. Now, where did I leave my trusty dremel?
        Dan
        Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
        81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
          Dan,
          Last I heard, the tooling cost suddenly went through the roof. I don't know where they are now, but I think CruisingRam is trying to find a replacement that is not out of line. At $75.00 each, he can't sell many, but if he can find a way to build them and sell them for about $35.00 each, he will.
          Ray
          You are correct sir- the choke levers die costs are still very high- though much cheaper than China or US or Europe- I would still have to sell like 1500 levers at 35 bucks each to make it worth it!

That being said- I have not quit- I am still looking to get cheaper costs on the die- the main way being getting a CNC mill to my family in Russia- and the only way to ensure it doesn't get stolen on the way OR become cost prohibitive to ship it to buy it in Germany and basically ride the train to the city with it.

BUT- you can buy CNC mills in Russia if you have the connections- so that is what I am working on.

So it is slow going folks- it looks like billet items like rods might end up going first after all! - Either way- I have the first set of rods almost completely programed into Auto Cad and I can e-mail them to Russia- and my cousin can print them there and they make them on regular mills.

So that is where I am be at this time!

Comment

Choke lever source?

I attended the rally hosted by www.MOTORCYCLECARBS.com over the weekend. I had a chat with Rob about the choke levers. He told me that he could get them if he could sell a quantity.

Mine is not bent or broken, so maybe some of you should call him on it.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Alot has happened since those posts o' mine- including a divorce and such. Billet parts are still the only thing I can currently work with, and am pursueing a degree in welding and technology- with a mechanical engineering minor. So far, frames are the things I have been building- making a "ducasaki" bike right now- a 750 inline twin Kawi motor with a ducati style trellis frame, Gixxer suspension components, making my own swing arm etc.

I have started to put my XS1100 parts bike parts on e-bay.

There is one totally cherry XS1100 here in Anchorage, meticulously restored, bought a couple parts off me.

Comment

Working...
              X