Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you serious 120 dollars for shipping to russia
    gotta sell alot of handles to recoupe that cost
    then to ship them from russia to usa, then to ship them to each customer.
    http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
    78E main ride, since birth the "good"
    78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
    78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
    79F Parts
    80G Parts
    75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

No, no, not like that at all- just for my first stuff there- from now on it will be crated , if big, or carried by suitcase, if small, over to there, and the way back is the big "if" right now- but even the Russian goverment wants to see this happen- and they are helping me out tremendously- in fact, they are better and faster help than the US side right now LOL

BTW- I got the lever- it goes out tonight!! Thanks Diverray!!

Comment

Okay- so this is the "standard" choke lever I got- right DR? what part usually breaks? Is it the part with the rubber on it? Anyone have a pic of a removed broken one I can have reference too?

Comment

Oops- didn't beat the edit time- looking at this lever- what do you guys want done about the rubber piece up top? Do you want it to remain rubber, or would you rather it just be thicker metal to strengthen the item? I can probably have the rubber part put back on to it to bring it up to showroom resto or something- but it would increase the expense- by how much I have no idea- but do we need the rubber handle?

Comment

Did you get my e-mail? I think I got most of the questions there.
            We need a poll !!
            How many want to put a rubber bit back on, and how many want a "one piece" choke, all S.S.?
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I don't know how many guys are aware of this fact, but the handle on the levers can vary by model of bike. On a Standard, the rubber handle is to the right side, and on the Special it is to the left. See the pics in this post.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=7841

Comment

Ya, that is the thread I was looking at for the difference in the two levers- if I make this one worth a damn, I will make the other next! Just Ray got that one to me first LOL

Please- will one of you guys start a poll?

Comment

Re: As for the quantity, probably 10 or 20. Price..... I would think $20.00 or less would

Originally posted by UncleSpot
                  I've seen about 2 dozen XS11s, but only ONE Special and only TWO Standards with an unbroken choke lever.

I did notice a Kawi 1000 Police bike the other day with very similar carbs and it had a choke KNOB that was pulled out, instead of the lever - with winter coming on I may go with that if a lever doesn't "happen" soon (my gloves are too thick to pull what's left of the lever mechanism...)
                  My Rustbucket is that ONE Special Uncle Spot's talking about. Why didn't Yamaha just use a choke pull knob like that Kawi Police bike? My XS650H and XS400SJ both just use a pull knob but I suppose those design folks have to keep re-inventing the wheel to justify their existence hence the XS11 mechanism with parts that break. Since Spot told me how fragile these things are I don't pull the choke out with the little handle, I pretend like it's already broken off and pull it out right at the pull-rod.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                  XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

My E and my LG both have intact choke levers.
                    Ron was talking about MY bikes
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Both of mine are intact also.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
                        My E and my LG both have intact choke levers.
                        Ron was talking about MY bikes
                        Well I just assumed since he expressed amazement at my intact choke lever when we met in Los BaƱos in August. Well that makes two Specials that Uncle Spot knows about whether he remembers or not!
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Looking at the crack in the one sent to me- I could see his amazement at one intact LOL

Comment

Of course you're going to correct the obvious design defect which causes them to crack, right? On second thought if you don't you'll have a never-ending demand.
                            Shiny side up,
                            650 Mike

Comment

rubber

If they want rubber on it they can dip it in liquid rubber,volia !!!
                              ....MITCH
                              Doug Mitchell
                              82 XJ1100 sold
                              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Okay, because of time limitations and trying to find out if this will work- this is what I decided based on the very short results of the poll and members feedback- I have asked that it be made from Stainless steel. Same thickness, everything the same as the old one- except for the depth of the slot between the handle and plunger- I think that 1/4" of material back on it will hopefully make it alot stronger, along with the better materials.

Hope you guys like it and buy it when it comes- I tried to be as customer friendly as possible on this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X