What Parts have you used from MikesXS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb diaphrams

hey tc how are you doing on the repair of the diaphrams? any luck. jsut wondering. my saddle tramp is running great. i have made two(2) trips to buffalo and back. i am now in va.beach and am heading to texas on the 5th . will catch you next rally take care and ride safe. luther

Comment

I got a carb float. Wasn't exactly the same style, plastic instead of brass, nut it worked great. Around 10 to 15 bucks shipping included.
      78E ... Gone but not forgotten
      2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Re: carb diaphrams

Originally posted by sundowner
        hey tc how are you doing on the repair of the diaphrams? any luck. jsut wondering. my saddle tramp is running great. i have made two(2) trips to buffalo and back. i am now in va.beach and am heading to texas on the 5th . will catch you next rally take care and ride safe. luther
        I've repaired diaphrams with Yamabond 5. All the slides in the Mongrel have repaired slides and they're still OK after 3 years.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

07-0019 muffler-universal megaphone 46.00
          48-1408 carb rebuild kit 80-84 4 12.00

Just got:

08-0117 lever-brake,chrome $8.00
          08-0131 lever-clutch,chrome $8.00
          09-6584 lever bracket-clutch side-2 pc. $10.00
          37-0002 handlebar top clamp-chrome $15.00
          02-2404 grips-foam cushion,chrome ends $8.00
          11-2186 signal lamp-amber $12.00

The handlebar clamp looks really nice and looks great. It's plated on the inside as well though, and it dosent grab the smooth Goldwing bars I'm using as well as I'd like. Going to have to rough up the inside.

Both levers and the clutch lever braket fit and look fantastic. The lights were exact matches for the factory ones they replaced.

Much shiney new chrome on the bike

The grips are a really good deal at only $8, They fit nicer than the same looking ones I got for $13 on Ebay and are bit longer and made of metal.
          Last edited by JWSanders; 09-17-2005, 12:08 AM.
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I just bought 90 degree offset snap-ring pliers for master cylinder rebuild from Mike's becuause nothing I had would reach in deep enough to get that darned snap ring loose. The carbs on my 79 XS-650 appear to be identical to those on my 80G, so from what I can see, all the jets, gaskets, etc. are interchangeable. I've been impressed with the inventory and service. They ship via USPS and orders of $35 or more are shipped free in the US.
            With all the parts that are interchangeable on the whole XS family of bikes, I would definitely suggest giving them a look. After being ripped off by the local Yamaha shop a couple of times, I have pretty much written them off as a parts source.
            80 G "The Beast"
            81 H "The Dresser"
            79 XS650 II
            82 650 Maxim
            70 DT-1 Enduro
            66 Honda CL-77 Scrambler
            96 H-D Road King

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

I measured the petcocks on my SF, the Mikes manual petcocks won't work on that tank, darn the luck.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

TC

Did you ever complete the list of parts that work on both the 650 and the 1100??

Steve
                1980 XS100 SG Gone but not Forgotten really wish I could have kept it
                1998 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Comment

Bump

Any updates?
                  1978 1100E Standard
                  2 1985 700 Maxim's (black & red)
                  1986 600 Radian (basket case)
                  1979? GS1000 (no title)
                  1980 1100SG Special

Comment

I bought

4x 48-1408 carb repair kits
                    2 sets 48-0113 main jets #125
                    2 sets 48-0607 pilot jets #45

Haven't installed them yet, so hope they are the right ones!

One question: Does that catalog list 1100 parts? I find it hard to find anything on the website as it doesn't really say what will fit the 1100's specifically.
                    Last edited by Crazcnuk; 07-07-2007, 02:27 PM.
                    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk

One question: Does that catalog list 1100 parts? I find it hard to find anything on the website as it doesn't really say what will fit the 1100's specifically.
                      The management at Mike XS actually don't want you to know what is interchangable between the two bikes. You have to do the part number research yourself, or ask around in here, if you want to buy something. A few years ago, I had called them and was talking to whom ever it is that takes phone orders, and I happened to mention that Mikes ought to list a cross reference to other XS models, and I was told that they really don't want to sell to anybody but 650 owners. You gotta know what will work/fit when you order from them.

Comment

I'll get right on it....in my spare time!

Hey Switz,

This thread fairly well sums things up, but I'm sure if folks weren't sure, they can post and I'm sure someone has either tried or found out whether a part from Mikes will work or not!

I can concur about the high power coils, plug caps, handlebar clamp, mirrors, carb and gasket kits, jets! Happy shopping!
                        T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"The management at Mike XS actually don't want you to know what is interchangable between the two bikes."

In other words, they are retarded.

Any business that stocks parts for your vehicle, but won't tell you they have them, is just a little on the stupid side for me.

Basically, I buy from MikesXS as a last resort, and when I do I make sure they know I am not buying them for one of their pet 650s.

If everyone, who does not have a 650 and buys parts from them, let them know this, they may realize they have another entire market out there.
                          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

tools

I just got some stuff from MIKEs for TONIO's 81sh. pilot jets, some mains.mixture screw seal kits[ abit much $4.00 each but they have the plugs in them and all I wanted was the o-ring) They do list the front m/c kit as for the XS1100 also so he must be paying attention too your suggestions. Good price on the m/c snap ring pliers too.Free shipping is for $50.00 now.
                            79SF
                            XJ11
                            78E

Comment

Carb floats
                              78E ... Gone but not forgotten
                              2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

" - - Basically, I buy from MikesXS as a last resort, and when I do I make sure they know I am not buying them for one of their pet 650s. - - "

snobby tone there, Crazcnuk?
                                Seeing as the XS650 was in production for 14 years and there's hundreds of thousands of them around (including my own "pet" Heritage Special) vs 4 years and far fewer XS11s, perhaps Mike knows his own business best?
                                Fred Hill, S'toon
                                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                                X