No announcement yet.

What Parts have you used from MikesXS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Parts have you used from MikesXS?

Hey there folks,

First, I recieved an interesting package yesterday in the mail! A catalog from MikesXS!!! I didn't think I had ordered that many parts from them to warrant them sending me a printed parts catalog!

Anyways, on to the question/request. Would like to hear what parts others have gotten from MikesXS and have been able to use for their XS11. I'm looking at making a tech tip or Product review tip listing what parts work for the XS11.

I have ordered mains and pilot jets.
    Viton/rubber tipped float valve needles.
    Special Gas cap SEAL!
    Also the inline fuel filters.

I know more parts will work, but I'll let you guys talk a bit!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Carb kits and mufflers.

Sadly, one of the mufflers I got from them got a little mooshed and now they dont have any more of the same style and length. Gonna take it apart and straighten out some of the dents if I can.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I have bought the horn/starter buttons for the Foster Child.

Comment

I bought one of their electrical terminal crimpers. It's better than the one I paid 2x the price for. I'd sure like to know where they get them from. I'd also like to know where they're getting their plugs and terminals...

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Quote from XS650Mike:
          Also check out the beautiful chrome handlebar clamp. I've got one of these on my SF and it sure looks sharp.

XS1100SF
          XS650H
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Part #'s

All of this stuff fits 78E models

Banjo Bolt Part #08-0257
            Blind Plug Part #48-1447
            Bolt Lock Tabs Part #29-6530
            Brake Caliper Piston Part #29-0516
            Brake Caliper Rebuild Kit Part #29-0016
            Brake Pad Set Part #29-3522
            Brake Switch Part #12-0009
            Cable Adjuster Part #08-0067
            Cable Luber Part #35-0108
            Caliper Speed Bleed Screw Part #29-0503
            Chrome Crown Nut Part #49-0703
            Chrome Thick Washer Part #49-0704
            Coupler Set Part #12-0637
            Crown Nut Part #49-0700
            Damper Grommet for sidecover Part #02-6504
            Float Bowl Drain Plug Part #48-0779
            Gear Shift Rubber Part #02-2470
            Handlebar top Clamp Part #37-0002
            High Performance Disc Brake Rotors Part #30-3065
            Instrument Bulb Part #10-1112
            Lever Bolt Part #09-6582
            Metric Terminal Cover Part #12-0019
            Metric Terminal Cover Part #12-0020
            Metric Terminal Cover Part #12-0022
            Metric Terminal Cover Part #12-0027
            Metric Terminal Cover Part #12-0125
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0017
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0018
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0021
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0023
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0024
            Metric Terminal Part #12-0124
            Mirror Set - Original type Part #16-3037
            NGK Resistor Spark Plug Cap (5K Ohms) Part #23-3113
            O-Ring Part #20-0017
            Right Angled Snap ring Plier Set Part #35-0009
            Rubber caliper sleeve Boot Part #29-0017
            Starter Button with Spring Part #24-6525
            Tap to tank Mount Screws Part #20-0020
            Throttle housing Screws Part #49-0154

There are allot of carb parts that should fit but I have not bought any.

Don't take my word for all these parts, I may have made a mistake. I have used most of them.
            There's always a way, figure it out.
            78XS11E

Comment

I'd also like to know where they're getting their plugs and terminals
              Mike sources nearly all of his parts in Japan, many from Yamaha's OEM suppliers. Some of them are even higher quality than that fitted at the factory since some of the originals exhibited weaknesses that have been corrected on Mike's parts. I got this info from Mike LaLonde himself. Mike has occasionally gotten sub-standard parts from his suppliers, if you have any problem with any of his stuff just complain and he will make it right...no sweat! So say the XS 650 listers. Some of the generic stuff (like EMGO mufflers) is made in Taiwan but the Yamaha specific stuff is high-quality Japanese made.

I've got one of his replacement fuse-blocks, a sump screen (that won't tear like the stock one), stock type air cleaner elements (much cheaper than Yamarobber) and some gaskets and screws on my XS650SJ; a set of his "clubman/cafe" handlebars, footpeg rubbers and a reproduction turn signal on my XS400SJ; and a bitchin' chrome handlebar clamp and red rear turn signal lenses on my XS1100SF.

Since this business is really a supplier of XS650 parts make sure that what you're ordering is actually the right part for your XS11 or you will be charged a re-stock fee on returns. Free shipping and a beautiful print catalog on orders over $35! The catalog is a great reference resource for XS650 owners. I've had no problems with any Mikes XS products and the service is impeccable.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Forgot to mention the Mikes XS replacement non-vacuum petcock on my XS400. This part comes with angled and straight spigots and the spigot can be fitted to either side of the petcock which means it fits either side and also was adaptable to my 400 which an XS650 petcock won't fit. Dunno if it'll fit an XS1100 tank but when I get around to checking it out I'll post my finding.
                Shiny side up,
                650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Does that chrome handlebar clamp replace our two small ones or does it cover them. It looks pretty nice.
                  Also does Mikes fuse block directly replace ours?
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

Replaces them.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Comment

Fuse block on the 650 is entirely different and sits atop the battery box.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Comment

Great idea TC. I'm about to order new idle mixture screws and was wondering if they are usable on the 1100. Can't see why not. I just installed the coils from Mikes. They fit on with no problems at all, although I got rid of a bracket that had been there which i saw no use for. The new coils have spade connectors, so I cut some leads from some old stock 1100 coils and made adapter wires - I'm not ready yet to cut the harness in case i go back to stock. Works fine. I'll post some pics later if I can figure out how to do it. That cam chain tool works great too. I also ordered replacement floats, which seem to work ok.
                        '80 SG
                        '79F engine

Comment

The manual petcock 20-0019 with only one fuel outlet fits the Standard tank. Hey TC- I got the gas cap seal, too. Pretty good deal at $4!
                          2010 Kawasaki Z1000
                          1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

The following carb parts fit perfectly on my '81 1100LH

48-0778 float bowl drain screw with O-Ring
                            48-5021 throttle butterfly shaft seal 70-79
                            48-1408 carb rebuild kit 80-84
                            48-5011 mixture screw,spring,washer,O-ring
                            48-5012 mixture screw,washer,O-ring,blind plug
                            48-0606 #42.5 Pilot Jet-pair
                            48-0199 Main Jet Washer 80-84

Did I mention the throttle butterfly shaft seals for the 70-79 fit perfectly on my '81 1100?

Now, if only you can convince Mike to source the throttle butterfly valve screws and package a "carb rebuild kit" that includes:
                            float bowl drain screw o-ring
                            mixture spring,washer,o-ring
                            float bowl gasket
                            float seat,needle,o-ring

Comment

I almost forgot, while I'm giving you my wish list for MikesXS:

to complete my one-stop-shop for carb rebuilds add
                              #110 Main Jets and Yamabond 5

Comment

Working...
                              X