No announcement yet.

724 members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xsbeipa common langauge is right, I love to read posts from all over the world! So far I have had no problem figuring out anything sent it, I get so absorbed lurking and soaking it all in that I forget to add my thoughts, I only wish my sentence structure and spelling were as good as they should be!

fbcaf; in my 48 years; born in Lincoln Park, Michigan-left at 5 yrs. old for Long Beach, SoCal- grew up there, started riding dirt at 12, raced real motorcross (400 Husky) at Saddleback at 14 and started riding CB750s at 16. Left in 1978 for job with brother in law in Dallas area, changed jobs and was transferred back to Anaheim, SoCal in 1990, company bought out and transferred to new headquarters in Houston in 1994, been here ever since, first living in Spring area and then in Houston Northwest area since 1999.
    82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
    78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
    74 Husky 400
    70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

dmac82:

Sounds like my travels in life:
      Ventura/Oxnard, CA (born)
      Torrance, CA
      Ventura, CA
      Waco, TX
      El Campo, TX (married)
      Casper, WY
      Riverside, CA
      Houston Area (Wirt Rd.)
      Santa Maria/Palm Springs/ Barstow, CA
      Madison/ Adams/Friendship WI

When you move this much, you get to know alot of different dialects. Some of the "southern" and "northern" dialects are as difficult as learning a foreign language. I don't know if they qualify as real english. I am sure that some of the guys across the pond don't recognize "american" as real english. But we all speak XS!!
      Pastor Sam - Son Light Rider CMA
      Former GL1200 rider
      Owned by '80 XS11 G-Guardian Angel
      Yep, I got a @#$%^&
      xj 1100 Maxim

Comment

Working...
      X